Black People : HANNIBAL-THE MOVIE 03

Brother Therious, thank you for bringing us up to date with Hannibal, the movie. I've heard the controversy surrounding the main actors who will play the role of Hannibal--Diesel and Washington. I think Washington is one of THE best male actors in the industry today. I've seen several of Diesel's movies since he's been on the scene and at least for now, he has very limited range in acting skills (in my opinion) and I'm not all that impressed. I think his body and demeanor typecasts him. He's another body in Hollywood with large biceps, pecs and a very deep 'manly' sounding voice. In comparison, Washington on the other hand, can slide in and out of a variety of characters smoothly and with tons of believability. I was riveted by his portrayal of the corrupt police officer in the movie "Training Day", just couldn't believe that was my Denzel doing a mighty fine job portraying a gangsta cop. Personally, I would much rather see Washington's 'Hannibal' for one obvious reason--I'm biased. Biased primarily toward an "obviously" Black brother, and a connosieur of acting skills that are par excellence. Besides, there are so many other darker skinned Brothers who have been in the movie industry far longer than Vin, who seldom get the breaks because not many roles are written for them to compete for. And these brothers have far better skills than he has. And since when has Hollywood cared about what the REAL person looked like, given all the movies that have been produced over the years with white people playing the lead roles of obvious Black people. Vin might play a good role, but I'm partial to Denzel.

Just my two cents...

Queenie :spinstar:

I too would have to say that i am also biased towards denzel. I have not seen many of diesels movies. but i did see boiler room , In which he had a smaller part. But the action flicks are played out, thats why i have never bothered to see any more of his films. I would have to say that denzel would better personify the role , brining out the complexity of general hannibal. Denzel would a be my choice Because of his skills, and the fact thaT he is black.

THIS IS GOOD THAT A STORY LIKE THIS IS BEING TOLD. I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE FILMS ON AFRIKAN HISTORY, U.S. AND WORLD . I HOPE ONE DAY TO PRODUCE OR HAVE PRODUCED MY OWN SCRIPTS. I HAVE HEARD ICE CUBE SAY THAT HOLLYWOOD ONLY LIKES TO PRODUCE BLACK COMEDY. ......

SO I LEAVE THIS QUESTION:

WHAT ACCOUNTS OF BLACK HISTORY (U.S. AND WORLD) AND OR WHAT TOPICS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE PRODUCED IN BLACK FILM?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back