Black Entertainment : Hannibal Buress Claims To Have Received Death Threats

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by UBNaturally, Mar 20, 2015.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Hannibal Buress getting death threats since calling out Bill Cosby as rapist

"It's definitely a weird situation — I get a lot of messages about it."

Weirder than this...?

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Buress:

"It's a weird thing, somebody filmed my show in Philly. I've been doing that bit off and on for six months talking about the Cosby situation. It's just a lot of stuff. I just read some stuff and researched. Anybody can get that information."

When asked if he regrets addressing Cosby in his stand-up routine, he said,

"I said it, I've got to stand on it."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/hannibal-buress-bill-cosby-rapist-article-1.1981959

Hannibal Buress hangs up on interview rather than talk about Bill Cosby

March 21, 2015

[​IMG]
    Hannibal Buress says he doesn’t want to talk about Bill Cosby anymore.

That might sound odd coming from a comedian who brought the claims of sexual misconduct against Cosby back into the public eye — and perhaps ended the TV icon’s career — by talking about the rape allegations against the 77-year-old comedian in an October show at Philadelphia’s Trocadero Theatre.

But asked about fallout from the routine in a telephone call from New Orleans to promote his March 27 performance at Sands Bethlehem Event Center, Buress says, “Um, let’s keep it moving. I’m burned out on it, man, so let’s talk about something else.”

Told it’s hard to ignore — more than 30 women have come forward with accusations against Cosby after Buress’ bit went viral on YouTube and in media reports — Buress ends the conversation after just two minutes by hanging up.

A publicist later says in an email that Buress hung up because “he was just frustrated because there are so many other things that he has going on to talk about.” The topic of Cosby had not been declared off limits when the interview was set up. She says he will not reschedule the interview.

More...
    http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/...w-rather-than-talk-about-20150321-column.html

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hannibal buress black community