Black History Culture : Hannibal and The Sibyls

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Fine1952, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,782
    Like a cloud hovering over my head I knew there was a connection between Hannibal and the Sibyls. Yet, I pondered why The Sibyls never came to the assistance of Hannibal in his quest to conquer Rome. Here's why, cut and dried:

The Sibyls
    (The First Prophetess' of Mami (Wata): The Theft of African Prophecy by the Catholic Church
    Vivian Hunter-Hindrew, M.Ed.
    Martinez, GA: 2007

[​IMG]
    Source

Page 22

"...Other accounts differ on how they arrived in Dodona. It is said that they were in such high demand throughout the ancient world, that they were often stolen from Africa, sold as slaves by the Afro-Phonecians/Carthaginians and forced to establish their ancestral and totemic oracles..."

Page 45

"...Mami promised the great Caesar victory over his number one arch enemy, the great, black Carthginian general, Hannibal as long as he promised not to invade and to destroy all of Carthage. Particularly, the great temple of Tanic..."

2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Are you using other sites as proof/source of your information? The problem with this is that it's sometimes unreliable as in this case. I clicked on your source and there is no page 22, let alone 45. So you have a link to another source other than another board?

peace!

3. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,782
    I hear what u are saying "Enki". The reference I'm using is beginning to sound like the bible. Yet I find this comprehensive source more historical than the bible will ever be. Mrs. Hunter-Hindrew's source touchs upon this subject from an Afri-Centric POV (eg. I found this element missing from "When God Was A Woman" by Merlin Stone). Her bibliography is eight pages.

LOL, the inquistions weren't able to destroy "all" of the known knowledge that we now have about antiquity -- although they did try their best!

4. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,782
    It seems that we have had a 'historical' pattern of demeaning each other since antiquity, SMH!

New Reference from my library of books:

Power Politics: Primeval, Medieval, And Constant Evil
    by Leonard Smith
    Lincoln, Nebraska: iUniverse(2005)
    Page 91

"...In 205 BCE, while Hannibal's armies were still threatening Rome, a series of meteor showers frightened the Roman people. The Sibyls, prophetesses whose religion came from Babylon but was probably then directed from Pergamos, recommended that the worship of the Great Mother (called Astarte {Easter}), he brought to Rome. This action would cause Hannibal to be driven from Rome, and presumably to stop the frightening meteor showers. King Atalus 1 of Pergamos sent a sacred meteorite to Rome, whereupon the Sibyls performed their rites. Accordingly, Hannibal soon fled Rome and was shortly thereafter annihilated in Carthage. The predictions of the Sibyls had come true..."

5. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730

But they did invade and conquered all of Carthage, eventually. Julius Caesar and Skipio 'Africanus' were just one of many Whites that knew how to exploit Black people in service to their kind.

I understand what you say here about the Sybils, and as in the other thread, I can see how White Supremacy benefitted from this as well, and brought in confusion.

The other idols of Hannibal and depictions in ancient times are just as confusing as the one produced today. I know that some say Hannibal was black, but i believe that he may have been part-Black. But in regards to the Sybils and how the Romans elevated her and the oracles, is what is interesting, because of your position in that she was a Black goddess(es):

Julius Caesar gave a copy of the Sibylline Books to his high priests, who were the only public servants legally allowed to read them.

These Books were guarded, stored, and preserved in subterranean chambers of the Capitoline Hill. Those chambers and the temple on the Hill had been completed and consecrated in 500 BCE.

The Sibylline Books were finally completely destroyed in 83 CE when the temple of Jove Capitolinus burned.

http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/desdemo2.htm

It just amazes me how the White people, the Romans and others, used the Black women and idols to subjugate Black Africa. This is what I'm trying to pinpoint. but I understand your position too, in that your research is aimed at concentrating on the positive aspects of Black women in the past.

But the White civilizations seemed to have thrived on the participation of Black women to throw down the Black man and civilizations, to me. Julius Caesar relied heavily upon what i believe to be 'Black women' to rise to power and so did other Romans at that time and this is repeated in history.

I heard someone once say that Julius Caesar's wife was a Black woman named Portia, but I'm not sure what source this rumor stems from. I know that Cleopatra was 'ethnic' too, and the Romans interacted with her as well, and soon, they conquered Egypt.

6. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,782