Black People : Hancock Another Ritual?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by tyab14, Jun 25, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tStE4-uuPfs

[​IMG]

Will Smith's new super heru movie will be hitting stores 07-02-08=[8]. Another ritual???? Check the story and see for yourself. :SuN004:

There are heroes... there are superheroes... and then there's Hancock. With great power comes great responsibility -- everyone knows that -- everyone, that is, but Hancock. Edgy, conflicted, sarcastic, and misunderstood, Hancock's well-intentioned heroics might get the job done and save countless lives, but always seem to leave jaw-dropping damage in their wake. The public has finally had enough -- as grateful as they are to have their local hero, the good citizens of Los Angeles are wondering what they ever did to deserve this guy. Hancock isn't the kind of man who cares what other people think -- until the day that he saves the life of PR executive Ray Embrey, and the sardonic superhero begins to realize that he may have a vulnerable side after all. Facing that will be Hancock's greatest challenge yet -- and a task that may prove impossible as Ray's wife, Mary, insists that he's a lost cause.

2. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    I'm on to you Bro. tyab14. I'm trying to reach your level! Good call.

In this Movie I believe Will Smith plays the role of Barack Obama IF he becomes President.

Can't wait to decode this one.

3. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    What's the difference between a Black SuperHero and a Black President? Not very much where White folks are concerned. Both would be held under careful and strict scrutiny and both need very good PR in order to make it. Both are "the first of their kind" and both are recognized for their unquestionable abilities. Both require a great deal of smoked and mirrors in order to accomplish their illusions.

Will Smith makes a good SuperHero for the same reason Obama makes a good President. To use their abilities to help white folks- but not without selling us their "cool."

Wait, I'm not finished.

I know it's only a comedy.....
    will we be laughing in Nov?

4. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    The only thing that I can come up with now is that the movie correlates with the actual first signing of the declaration of independence by John Hancock July 4, 1776 but it was actually approved by congress on July 2, 1776, the same day as the release of the movie.

5. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Good point Rasembi, The movie was created to be a summer blockbuster for July 4th, the perfect timing was intentional. "John Hancock" is used as the name for the SuperHero because he suffers from amnesia, so he goes by that name- verse "Joe Doe" an unknown person, he chooses John Hancock which is also another name for a signature.

I'm certain this movie is another ritual, especially since Will Smith is a good target and works so well with Homowood, I meant Hollywood.

6. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    [email protected], funny but true

Very good observations bro Meta Science and Rasembi

I do think it has to do with the Presidency and Obama and them charging Will Smith with certain energies.

Its interesting to see the roles Will Smith gets, he is like their ultimate ritual puppet, they always have him in movies as the savior, superhero, or the person who communicates with the aliens or whatever (men in black). And he is always fighting for the wrong side (I Am Legend, Independence Day), lol!

In this movie of course he has his powers but he is supposedly a dead beat loser type individual to society. And of course the white man reforms him and uses his powers for his own good, and of course they him falling in love with the white woman.

I'm sure the date and everything is important too as thats a big time concerning the Constitution and all that like Rasembi said.

Interesting......

7. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Many dimensions behind an intention

Interesting takes .....I am feeling the John Hancock deal and the Presidency. I saw the eagly on his cap awhile back and I new the sketchies (Dark Crystal) was up to something. It seems like the script has been fliped conceptually. Hancock sorta represents the poor personal human relations (PR) America has at this juncture; being a superpower trying to help everyone but messing everything up. In the (so called) real life script Obama is the PR person for the US; The democrats have always played the Mother side..the water or lunar side of the equation...The Republicans heated things up to a frenzy and then left the stove on till the smoke alarm came on. Its time to coooooool things down ...time for mom to come in and stroke heads and bake sweet cookies...dr up the image alittle so the people feel cozy in their home again....Is Obama that man? .....some people with long pockets think so.The Soltices are good times if any to conjur.

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    interesting vantage points in this thread...
    the wood of the holly never ceases to amaze me...

one love
    khasm

9. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    I think Harry Lennix is a more convincing actor to play Barak Obama. He has the ears and everything.

10. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Sister Bootzey, do you post on BlackFolksHoodoo?