Black Spirituality Religion : Halloween - Teaching Children to take Candy from Strangers - or something more sinister?

The Americanized holiday may be something completely different, but the energies and astronomical significance is always still there no matter what is put over the top. Its like those churches being built over sacred sites, still the same energy on the underlying part.

Bro OMO gave a lot of good information on that aspect, and I have already been told that this is the day when the veil between the two worlds is at its thinnest. So I am connecting the Day of the Dead with Halloween because the day it falls on which is October 31st, if it fell on November 1st I would say the same thing. Still days when those worlds are coming together.

Even in your research about the ancient Druids doing magickal things on this day, from what I know the real ancient Druids and Celts were colored people. I wonder where the Druids got this practice from? Maybe AFRICA. I could be wrong. I'll be turning on my music and dancing with my deceased fam.

I will be out with my Aunt and her daughters and Grandkids, chilling in Inglewood then probably visit some Family gravesites at Rose Hills and Inglewood mortuary, burn some incense, have a smoke and clean some headstones. Then go up to Bakersfield the next weekend and do the same at a family site in a small town named Shafter where my Dad lays between his parents and the Elders who made the trek to Cali from Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico. Then go over my aunt's and eat some gumbo and fried fish, in a smaller town named Wasco.

Here we are back again another year later still poundering ......it's dat time of year again !
there are those who are in the tradition of necrotic, nihilistic, and faiths which enjoy playing with or enslaveing demons,

who want folks to believe that there issome Africantradition on the 31 of October.

One can go to any Santero,
Babalao, or Hougan in ones city or town,
the Nigerian embassy or counselate,
the Haitian embassy or counselate,
or any Black Afrocentric bookstore,
or professor of African history a
nd culture and get the truth about this matter

HallOWEEN - MAGOG

Hello Everyone,

My siblings and I dressed in costume, "trick-or-treated," and looked forward to this time of year. It seemed, the most we had to be concerned with was if other children grabbed our treats from us.

By the time I became a parent, times had changed considerably. It was not difficult for me to decide that my children would not partake in this holiday. I had taught them not to take candy from strangers and then Halloween comes, trick-or-treating, and not only do they take candy from strangers, but they ask for it! A direct contradiction to a fundamental life lesson. Also, I couldn't rationalize checking this candy, as suggested by local authorities via public service announcements. It seemed a lot of trouble, and much more risk, to check this candy with my untrained and naked eyes, or take it to the local hospital to have it x-rayed for needles, razor blades, etc. I had enough issues raising children alone and didn't need anymore, so for these reasons my babies didn't participate.

I'm wondering if there should have been additional reasons for them not to participate, such as, this holiday was created to worship Satan.

Are you aware or concerned with the spiritual connotations, if any, of this ancient holiday? I did a brief Internet search and found this site, The Real Meaning of Halloween. It said, Do you think it's okay for children to participate in Halloween festivities? Do you think it has no real spiritual effect on our children? Do you think for folk to imply that you are allowing your children to worship Satan, by celebrating Halloween, is going a bit far? Most holidays, like Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc., have taken on an overwhelming commercial slant leaving little spiritual value intact, thereby lessening the concern, perhaps?

What do you think?

:heart:

Destee

HallOWEEN- - MAGOG

HALLOWED OWEN - -

I’ve read all of the previous post and would like to add and share my research. My third book [not in print] of which is at least about 500 pages is almost entirely on Magog, the son of JapHeth. Out of all of his many names and epithets, the name of ‘Owen’ belongs to him as well.

I believe everything that Sister Destee has written concerning the Samhain Festival and when she later wrote that this festival/observance has been fused and comprises at least two other observances. Like the name of ‘Owen’ [var. Ouin], the name ‘Samhain’ was also written in a similar format ‘SAMHOUIN’.

Like the Book of Revelations reveals, Magog is also ABADON. He was ‘the ABoriginal Bad man of Nod’ [Don-nod; the north]. He was a bottomless pit.

Magog became a BEDOUIN meaning, he became a nomad. His month is OCTOBER. His day of the week is WEDNESDAY [WODEN’S DAY; var. Odin, Ogden…]

Magog had ‘BAD HAIR’. In other words, he had ‘Seth hair’ or ‘afro hair’.

The Halloween observance though, goes way back much earlier than even when Magog was born!

And, some of the other post contains elements that support my research;

AnAfrican wrote; “ end of the harvesting season - . . . (thanksgiving used to be closer to the beginning of november, but got changed so as to make it one big marketing season, rather than two smaller ones.)”

Omowalejabali wrote; “Interestingly, halloween is a catholioc feast day---All Saint's Day but somehow got corrupted. It was used to observed Christian martyrs (October 23, 2006) and then later wrote; “Ireland was once part of the Moorish Empire, tht is, the Celts were Moslems, & there were black moors from N. Africa also present in Ireland."

The Samhouin Festival was observed in the Fall of the year when harvest festivals occurred. Because the month of October is the month that became dedicated to MAGOG, this is when it became observed in the land of Syria. This observance became based upon ‘MOON WORSHIP’ and again, it goes way back at least A THOUSAND YEARS before Magog was even born. When did the earth tilt? When did seasons occur? And, when did the MOON CYCLE change in regards to the Solar cycle? . . . This observance goes back to long before the ancient Egyptians recorded the earth’s tilt of which causes four seasons around the 2700s B.C. Magog was not even born until after 2350 B.C.

The root word ‘SAMI’ means ‘BLACK’ and links to the name of this festival and the aboriginal descendants of MAGOG. In Syria, the aboriginal Celts practiced HEADHUNTING and this is where THE PUMPKIN comes into the ritual.

In regards to the rhetoric about terms mentioned such as ‘Bastian’, ‘black women’, ‘ophis’ and etc., there is nothing good or positive about this. This observance was originally ‘A TWO-THEME FESTIVAL’ and was called ‘Saturnalia-Ops’ and was observed as such even during the Roman Empire time. It involves raping little black girls . . . However, it does go back to the time of the worship of the earth mother, Cybele. The term ‘Bastian’ refers to ‘the leopard cat’ [jaguar, tiger…] and Cybele is depicted sitting on an armchair in which the arms of the chair is carved into the images of CATS. She would be the original CAT LADY [Lady Bastian].

When Sister Destee spoke of ‘the Day of the Dead’ versus ‘Halloween’ and in reference to ‘the martyrdom of saints’ this confusion comes from THE FIRST RESURRECTION and also, a great STAR EXPLOSION that occurred at least a thousand years before that time.

The Romans changed their holidays around after this time. The month of NOVEMBER [‘Nova’ means ‘New’; New Year] was ‘THE NEW YEAR’ for ancient ASSYRIA due to this Star Explosion and because it was a time of harvesting and trading. So, October 31, was New Year’s Eve for the Celts of that region in SYRIA and the Samhouin Festival was practiced at that time. The Romans were bonded with the Assyrians and the Celts!!!

The Crucifixion occurred during ‘a black moon’ but on October 14, the day after the Celtic moon ritual on the night of October 13. But at some point, the Romans changed October from being ‘the 8th month’ to being ‘the 10th month’ and now today, WE ARE DECEIVED.

The Day of the Dead and Halloween became fused due to some strange phenomena that happened during a phenomenal ‘total solar eclipse’ that occurred in the month of October some 2000 years ago and now, we are left to try and figure it out.

Why demonize only Halloween? Pun intended. To not celebtate Halloween because it is a white man's holiday, then skip Thanskgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, 4th of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day. Sign up to work on those days and don't take the holiday pay. Your boss will make you employee of the year! I guess all we are entiltled to is MLK day and the 1st of the month.

Y'all crazy. I think its hypocritical to deny children what you had. If you are concerned about your children going out because someone might hurt them the go with them. I would never allow my children to walk up to a stranger's house and ask them for something unless I was standing there with them. But I suppose that's me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back