Haiti : Haiti through Haitian Eyes

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Ok..I hate misquoting and/or misrepresenting someone, so, at some point, please do go back and relisten to the interview. It's worth it. As soon as the seond interview surfaces, I'll be sure to post it. She gave information about the Haitian Revolution and the misperception of L'ouverture as the "Father" of the Revolution; she pointed more to Dessalines and indicated that L'ouverture never seemed to get past the view of Haiti as a Black-ruled colony. In other words, France and any other involved colonial powers (nonblacks) would still ultimately reign but with 'black' faces at the controls; so, you know what that means.

Also, you know that Montsanto is the company she referenced in regards to the hybrid seeds right? I'd actually heard about Montsanto prior to the interview; it seems they have quite a controversial history as an agricultural empire. People really do need to investigate these issues, as there are great implications for our health and our freedom of choice.

Thank you Sister Blaklioness,

I will revisit the show. On Toussaint and Dessalines, I found this letter, which may shed some more light on the relationship, if the source is legitimate. Excuse my lack of clarity concerning Monsanto, I meant shooting attempted 3 pointers and missing.

LIBERTY. EQUALITY.

The Governor-General [Toussaint Louverture] to General Dessalines, Commander-in-chief of the army of the West.

HEADQUARTERS GONAÏVES, Feb. 8, 1802.

There is no reason for despair, Citizen-General, if you can succeed in removing from the [French] troops that have landed the resources offered to them by Port Republican [Port-au-Prince]. Endeavor, by all the means of force and address, to set that place on fire; it is constructed entirely of wood; you have only to send into it some faithful emissaries. Are there none under your orders devoted enough for this service? Ah! my dear General, what a misfortune that there was a traitor in that city, and that your orders and mine were not put into execution.
Watch the moment when the garrison shall be weak in consequence of expeditions into the plains, and then try to surprise and carry that city, falling on it in the rear.
Do not forget, while waiting for the rainy season which will rid us of our foes, that we have no other resource than destruction and flames. Bear in mind that the soil bathed with our sweat must not furnish our enemies with the smallest aliment. Tear up the roads with shot; throw corpses and horses into all the fountains; burn and annihilate everything, in order that those who have come to reduce us to slavery may have before their eyes the image of that hell which they deserve.

Salutation and Friendship,

(Signed) TOUSSAINT L'OUVERTURE

http://thelouvertureproject.org/ind..._Louverture_letter_to_Jean-Jacques_Dessalines

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Obviously I doing something wrong. i've tried yesterday and today to try and see this. everytime i click, brown bailout pops up, when i close it, all i hear is music and then i see words on one line continually repeat...

i'll have to try again later.

Chevron,

That is the link to the BlogTalk radio show, be patient and wait through the music, it took awhile for the guest to arrive.

Chevron...I think you'll enjoy this one and perhaps find some more information to merge with your own research. Try double clicking on the link, or go to this link and then click on the show (Ezili Danto):

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/blackwombniverse

Let me know how it goes.

I finally got it!

She is good, she is better than good. She is awesome!

I looked at all of the links you left for a couple of hours yesterday and am truly enriched.

I love how she said that we come into this world with a mission. I love how she spoke about how energy doesn't die but rather it is transformed.

And to hear her speak about the history and present issues in Haiti really came across so well to me and I do believe it is because the information came from her, a Black woman--Black Warrior woman.

In terms of her plight as 'Ezili Danto', this too is so interesting. You know, I take this far back even behind what she explained in relation to isis and etc. I really believe that she correlates to a much more ancient goddess of Egypt; THE GODDESS NEITH OF THE CROSS [Nitocris].

She really gave meat to her own platform when she spoke about how America interacts with Haiti and etc. and how they put up select blacks like Ophrah and Michael... and then this government offers an explanation based upon the few blacks being rich all the while suppressing the black masses. She gave great info on the five Non profit systems and how they operate and how the common people are affected. The 200,000 Indians that committed suicide and their connection with MONSANTOS and now, Haiti is just depressing. I looked at the link you provided and read that this company started in 1901 and was named after a woman that sheds a lot of history on how America benefitted from certain countries at that time. Simply amazing.

Thanks again.

I need to go back and relisten and reread as well. Stay tuned for part two.

I finally got it!

She is good, she is better than good. She is awesome!

I looked at all of the links you left for a couple of hours yesterday and am truly enriched.

I love how she said that we come into this world with a mission. I love how she spoke about how energy doesn't die but rather it is transformed.

And to hear her speak about the history and present issues in Haiti really came across so well to me and I do believe it is because the information came from her, a Black woman--Black Warrior woman.

In terms of her plight as 'Ezili Danto', this too is so interesting. You know, I take this far back even behind what she explained in relation to isis and etc. I really believe that she correlates to a much more ancient goddess of Egypt; THE GODDESS NEITH OF THE CROSS [Nitocris].

She really gave meat to her own platform when she spoke about how America interacts with Haiti and etc. and how they put up select blacks like Ophrah and Michael... and then this government offers an explanation based upon the few blacks being rich all the while suppressing the black masses. She gave great info on the five Non profit systems and how they operate and how the common people are affected. The 200,000 Indians that committed suicide and their connection with MONSANTOS and now, Haiti is just depressing. I looked at the link you provided and read that this company started in 1901 and was named after a woman that sheds a lot of history on how America benefitted from certain countries at that time. Simply amazing.

Thanks again.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back