Hair today Gone Today

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by goldy, Jul 23, 2003.

1. goldy

goldy Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a textures .It looked good for a day.What am I doing wrong? I walk and ride my bike .Must I give up these things to keep my hair?I know I miss spelled the word but I hope you know what I am talking about.{ a relaxser}

2. MissMel

MissMel New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, that's one of the down sides of having relaxed hair: water is your biggest enemy: sweat, rain, swimming, etc. I don't know of anything you can do about that, either, sad to say!

3. klevared

klevared Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    If you've gotten a relaxer as in to straighten out ur hair.......then there is pretty much nuttin u can do.......chemically treated hair requires alot of maintence. I do lots of conditioning and it helps because I use alot of heat to try and keep my hair straight. Pantene is good.......I've recently tried their products for women of color and I love it.......but I use a leave-in condition everyday and do a deep conditioning every week with Queen Helene Cholesterol.....like I said alot of maintaince

4. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    You could always *gasp* go natural :look:

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Cute post blackeyes *lol*

I noticed this thread was started several months ago and the person may not still be around. But if they are, I support your suggestion because I think it's a beautiful thing to do. The idea that someone is struggling to keep their hair straight...to shock it into doing things it was not created to do...that goes against the law of gravity even, is......................interesting.

Peace.