AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
THE HAIR OF A LAMB’S WOOL:
Wigs IN ANCIENT ROMAN TIMES

The general public needs to be informed when they are being deceived. Most people assume that Jesus (Christ) was black because he had hair of wool from a lamb and feet of bronze burnt in an oven (Rev 1:14). But what if the description was referring to a white dude who ruled Rome and wore a woolen wig and had red Bronze feet known as hammer toes. According to the dictionary Bronze is Reddish brown. The Roman historian Suetonius describes Domitian as ruddy (Red) and Bald headed.

Domitian was very sensitive about his baldness and wrote a manual called Care of the Hair. All the prostitutes that found themselves in his bed he would pull their hair out. Rev 9:8 may refer to Domitian again with other men having women’s hair.

Due to the nature of hair and the relatively wet climate in the upper reaches of the Empire, there are very few examples of wigs that survive to this day. We do know that women wore wigs whether they were bald or not. So too did men, Emperor Otho wore a wig, as did Domitian. Wigs allowed women to better achieve the kind of 'tall' styles that particularly punctuated the Flavian and Trajanic eras (e.g. the periods of 69-96 and 98-117 CE).

There were two types of wig in Roman times, the full wig, called the capillamentum, and the half wig, called the galerus. The galerus could be in the form of a fillet of woolen hair used as padding to build an elaborate style, or as a toupee on the back or front of the head.

So what do we have here. We have Domitian being inserted in Revelations as a Christ when he was Ant-Christ or anti- Jewish helping his ruling family kill more than a million Jews from 66-95AD.

Revelation 1:

[9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
[10] I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
[11] Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
[12] And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
[13] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
[14] His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
[15] And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
[16] And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
[17] And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
[18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
[19] Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
[20] The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

So what do we have here. We have Domitian being inserted in Revelations as a Christ when he was Ant-Christ or anti- Jewish helping his ruling family kill more than a million Jews from 66-95AD.

And why would John write of Domitian making him "a Christ" when John was one of those persecuted under Domitian?

Rev. 1:
[9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ

Domitian was very sensitive about his baldness and wrote a manual called Care of the Hair. All the prostitutes that found themselves in his bed he would pull their hair out. Rev 9:8 may refer to Domitian again with other men having women’s hair.

What about the LOCUSTS?

Revelation 9:
[3] And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
7] And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
[8] And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
[9] And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
[10] And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months

sigh

The common men of the day did not wear, nor could they afford such wigs. Jews, especially did not wear them

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back