Hair / make-up / fashion tips for light girls.

StefiA

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 24, 2010
OK - this might seem like a way totally weird post, but I am seriously seeking advice here. Are there any other mixed-race / light-black girls out there who can give me any hair / make-up / fashion tips that can make a really pale girl look darker? I'm talking like very light brown skin with natural blonde hair here and with European features - like I've never tried dying my hair black - would that help or just make me look even paler? - would some shade of brown work? I'm a total loser at working out colors, like what goes with what - should I be wearing dark colors or light?, reds, blues, yellows? What about styles of jewelry? I know I'm not going to be able to end up 'looking' actually black, but what I'm aiming for is at least the thought to enter people's heads that I might not just be some white girl with a suntan - BUT... I still want to look like me at the end of all this - if that makes sense.

OK - this might seem like a way totally weird post, but I am seriously seeking advice here. Are there any other mixed-race / light-black girls out there who can give me any hair / make-up / fashion tips that can make a really pale girl look darker? I'm talking like very light brown skin with natural blonde hair here and with European features - like I've never tried dying my hair black - would that help or just make me look even paler? - would some shade of brown work? I'm a total loser at working out colors, like what goes with what - should I be wearing dark colors or light?, reds, blues, yellows? What about styles of jewelry? I know I'm not going to be able to end up 'looking' actually black, but what I'm aiming for is at least the thought to enter people's heads that I might not just be some white girl with a suntan - BUT... I still want to look like me at the end of all this - if that makes sense.

My suggestion...don't try to be anything other than what God made you. It's a waste of time being concerned about "the thought to enter people's heads". You can't please people who want to place you into their "identity" box.

If you "Look" like a White person, only those who view you as a human and judge you based on the content of your character will "See" you as anything other than a "White" person. The farther you get from what is a natural appearance God gave you, the more FAKE you will look.

@Full speed
"The farther you get from what is a natural appearance God gave you, the more FAKE you will look"

No I don't want to look fake... that was what I was meaning when I said...
'BUT... I still want to look like me at the end of all this'. I was more meaning things like what colours could I wear that would emphasize the light brown I do have rather than making me look paler still or what colour makeup would do the same, but still look quite natural - like I said I know that there's no way I'm going to 'look black' - that not what I'm aiming for - I just want to make the best use of what I've got to try and hint at what's on the inside of me - just enough that when I first meet people they might ask 'oh, where are you from?' I'm probably not explaining this all very well, but maybe you get what I'm saying.

I agree w/Fullspeed.

Stop trying to artificially alter yourself. You are who you are and how you look.

Besides, looking darker isn't going to, necessarily, make you "Black."

You are a racially mixed young woman with more European features than African and you have been physically and mentally and emotionally distant and removed from your Black relatives most of your life...Your entire young life has been filled with White environments and White culture.

You know nothing about being a Black woman. So, "looking" more like one won't get you a "Sistah Card" just cuz you got a deeper tan.

IMHO.

@Cherryblossom
"Besides, looking darker isn't going to, necessarily, make you "Black." "
I know, I know.... I explained it all really badly I think - I know that there's nothing I can really do to my appearance to make me look black and like you say that's not going to alter what I am because of the last 23 years. That's not really what I was after - I guess what I was hoping for was a clue as to how to look more like what I feel I am - mixed, that's what I was getting at really - a look of being maybe slightly mixed. I don't know, is that wrong? - maybe I've just gone into one of my downers again at being told I'm passing -anyway thanks for taking the time to reply - I'm going to go and get some sleep, then maybe everything will be sorted in my head by the morning.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back