Black People : HAIR CUTTERY DISCRIMINATION... ?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PoeticManifesta, Jun 26, 2005.

1. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    lISTEN TO THIS AND TELL ME WHAT YALL THINK.. THIS IS MY MOTHERS STORY..

SHE WAS WAITING TO GET HER HAIR DONE AT HIAR CUTTERY.. THERE WERE TWO IN OUR TOWN AND THEY MERGED.. ONLY ONE HAD A LARGE BLK CLIENTEL. THE ONE MY MOTHER AND I FREQUENTED WAS MIGRATED TO THE OTHER ONE.. BUT ONLY 2BLK HAIR DRESSERS TRANSFERRED. SO.. ONE DAY MY MOTHER WAS WATIN ON THE 2ND BLK HAIR DRESSER TO COME TO WORK SO SHE COULD GET HER HAIR CURLED.. SHE WAS DUE IN 20MIN.. @ 11AM. AT 1050.. THERE WAS A PLUMP WHITE LADY THAT GOT CALLED TO A CHAIR.. AND THIS ASIAN LADY WAS GOING TO DO HER HAIR.. BUT THE LADY REFERRED TO THE BLK HAIR DRESSER THAT WOULD BE IN @ 11.. DOES HER HAIR LIKE SHE LIKES IT. (THIS CONVERSATION GOES ON IN FRONT OF MY MOTHER) SO.. THE ASIAN DRESSER.. TOLD THE LADY SHE COMES IN AT 11.. AND SHE COULD WAIT IF SHE WISHED. kEEP IN MIND MY MOTHER WAS WAITING AS WELL FOR THIS LADY IN PARTICULAR. SHE WAS PUT IN FRONT OF MY MOTHER CAUSE SHE WAS WAITING THERE BEFORE SHE WAS. MY MOTHER NOW HEATED.. SHE ASKED WHO WAS GOING TO DO HER HAIR..? AND HOW LONG WOULD IT BE.. SHE WAS TOLD THAT SHED HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER HOUR.. AND THE SAME BLK LADY WOULD DO IT.. SINCE THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE MARCELL CURLERS... NOW...
    WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE! SHOULDNT WHITE HAIRDRESSERS IN A PLACE LIKE HAIR CUTTERY KNOW HOW TO DO BOTH HAIR TYPES.. THE BLK ONES CERTAINLY KNOW HOW TO.. AND WHO SHOULD HAVE WAITED? I THINK THAT THE WHITE LADY SHOULD HAVE LET THE ASIAN LADY DO HER HAIR.. SINCE IT WAS A MATTER OF WHO COULD DO IT BETTER.. AND IF SHE WANTED IT DONE "BETTER" SHE SHOULDA SAT HER BIG BUTT BACK DOWN ADN WAITED TILL MY MOTHERS HAIR WAS DONE... WHAT YOU THINK FAMILY?​

2. FiveAlive

FiveAlive Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    The first thing that I noticed was that you said that your mother was there, WAITING for this particular stylist, because that's who she wanted to do her hair. There were other stylists there when your mom arrived, but she wanted to wait for the lady she liked to do her hair. She only had a problem when she found out that a customer there before her was waiting for the same hair stylist. Then she got mad because she felt that every stylist there should be able to do her hair, but she apparently didn't feel that way when she first arrived becuase she requested the services of a particular person. When people go to something like a hair stylist, they usually have a particular person who they want to do their hair. Your mother and the other customer both preferred the black lady that you referred to. What's wrong with that? She has as much entitlement to choose who does her hair as any other customer does? If she likes the way the black lady does her hair, why can't she request her? And if she was there first, then she gets to go first. If you want something else, make an appointment.

3. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    MAybe i need to clarify.. the other stylists do not do blk peoples hair. THere are only two that do blk folks hair in the place.. the 1st was busy for the remainder of her shift with apptments. but all do white peoples hair.. once you get to the salon they put ur name in the pc and assign u a stylist. My mother was put in for the next available blk stylist.. the white lady had been put in for the asian lady, and made no prior requests. anyone could have done the white ladys hair there.. but she wanted the best.. if u want the best shouldt u get in line behind the other people waiting patiently?