Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Hair and Spirituality, is there a connection?

Jaisolovely

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 19, 2007
Beyond my own understanding
Does wearing dredlocks hold a spiritual significance? Representing purity and a closeness to God?

I know that after I had cut my perm out, to me, it signified a rebirth. I knew that I wanted to transform my mind and way of life.
And boy what a transition it can be. At times I get the urge to change my mind and go back to wearing my hair str8, but then quickly I change my mind. I want to stay natural and get as close to nature as I possible can...still learning...
Does having a connection with nature pushes you closer to having a connection with God?

I hope this thread is in the right Forum!!

I think you feel more true to yourself and closer to God because you are accepting you God created you to be.

I recently got a texturizer in late May because I was going on a trip and Ididn't want to spend a lot of time dealing with my hair in the morning. However, I actually spent more time on my hair than I thought because it was so dry and I didn't bring the right products with me. I let it grow out and was going to get a touch up, but I started noticing that the front of my hair was breaking off. I had also got a color correction from a dye job gone bad that I tried to do by myself, which I believe weakened my hair as well. Anyhow the front of my hair has grown out and is starting to lay down a lot better. This was my first texturizer that I was already told I didn't need and I guess I have to agree. I really enjoy the new growth being much stronger than it would be with a texturzer. Can't wait for it to grow out. I hate having two textures of hair, new growth and the old part.

I believe self-acceptance, helps you feel more one with yourself.

Desert Storm

snugli360

Does wearing dredlocks hold a spiritual significance? Representing purity and a closeness to God?

I know that after I had cut my perm out, to me, it signified a rebirth. I knew that I wanted to transform my mind and way of life.
And boy what a transition it can be. At times I get the urge to change my mind and go back to wearing my hair str8, but then quickly I change my mind. I want to stay natural and get as close to nature as I possible can...still learning...
Does having a connection with nature pushes you closer to having a connection with God?

I hope this thread is in the right Forum!!
As a little girl my older sibling used to tease me about my hair my mom didn't know what to do with it I was called the famous nappy head if I knew what I know now I would of praise THE MOST HIGH for my nappy locks now that i am grown and in control of my journey thank you LORD for given me such a blessing

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back