HAGS? WHAT DO YOU ALL KNOW ABOUT THEM?

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by PoeticManifesta, Sep 18, 2005.

1. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    i COULDNT GET UP.. had a horrible dream. Body was paralized.. my eyes were open.. the horrible creature from my dream.. was still inflictng pain in my spinal colum. I was paralized

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    My mother told me that I should just say the name of Jesus during these types of dreams. That worked for a while.

Then one fateful night I fought them myself and defeated them, they have never come back since then.

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
  4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    i've had them but always able to wake up , jump up once i got pass my 21st birthday
    i never had that no more back in the days they use to say the witchies riding you !
    it come from the activity or the treatment you reflected on another person that witchies
    ride you in your sleep , personally i never really believed it so now i ask is it a
    Myth of saying or is it real these kind of dreams do reflect on a living being soul in there sleep ??

5. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    That is interesting Karma, that the dream dictionary says that they are when you have an affair or social frolic.

I had all my encounters with them when I was a child. I never thought that these were directly related to a Happy Time ahead.

6. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Poeticmanifesta, are you speaking of sleep paralysis in and of itself, or a certain kind of dream that accompanies it? Or are you speaking of them both occuring together?

7. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    both, theres is a study reguarding sleep paralysis.. and "hags".. most people who experience hags are in extreme pain, and paralysis.. and see some sort of minion.. or being in their vicinity. Scientists at wide are baffled by both cases.. especially the metaysical ones..

8. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    ESSENCE magazine, I think (or some other major Black magazine) did an article 2-3 years ago on sleep paralysis (they didn’t mention “hags”) among African Americans which is pretty widespread and said it is also an occurrence among certain whites. I think it was southern mediterannean whites.

9. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I've had the following experiences in my life...

1. Early one morning before high school, I woke up but couldn't get up. I was petrified...couldn't move a muscle. I was screaming at the top of my lungs and no one came to help me. Then, I remembered what my Grandma told me. GOD BLESS THE DEAD. She said lay still...don't try to move...then just jump and I'd come out of it. I tried it and it worked. However, I didn't have anyone beating on me or anything like that. No body aches or muscle aches.

2. I've had experiences where I was asleep. I knew I was dreaming...was very conscious of dreaming. But, I couldn't move my body at all. Actually, I was in the dream...could see people moving around me...felt it was a dream...but couldn't move in the dream. In most of my dreams, I could move.

3. I've had dreams where I got into a fight and none of my blows hurt the other person. I mean my punches were without any power at all...but I was swinging away. :lol:

4. I feel that one can be in between realms. I can make myself stay up all night or go to sleep at the drop of a dime. The power of the mind is amazing.

10. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    On the topic of hags...

my Mama spoke of them. GOD BLESS THE DEAD. But, I wouldn't dare repeat that story. Sorry. :(