Black People : Hafu.....Mixed race Japanese beauty abuse - not Japanese enough.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by frankster, Mar 25, 2015.

1. frankster

frankster Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    [​IMG]

The naming of 20-year-old Ariana Miyamoto as Japan's contestant in the upcoming Miss Universe beauty pageant has provoked a storm of criticism.

With an African-American father, Miyamoto's Japanese status is insufficiently "pure", according to some critics.

Miyamoto was crowned with the glittering tiara as the most beautiful woman in Japan on March 8, but it did not take long for internet commentators to question her ethnicity.

On the Girls Channel website, anonymous posters were expressing their disappointment.

"The idea is to have a Japanese representing Japan," wrote one poster.

"I think it's bad that a 'half' has become the Japanese representative," added a commentator, while another posted: "I don't understand this selection criteria."

Miyamoto was born in the city of Sasebo, in Nagasaki Prefecture, to a Japanese mother and African-American father. She attended junior high school in her home town before completing high school in the United States
    http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/artic...ant-ariana-miyamoto-faces-racial-backlash-due

2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,592
    Yeah...

Some of all people are either believe what they choose or are into denial...

But...

Also good some of us did or do read elder brother Rashidi Runoko's articles too!

Big props....

:10200:

3. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +962
    I don't blame them! Afrikans are the only people who celebrate their mixed breeds. Girlfriend chose the wrong side of the family to identify with. Someone should have told her that Europeans aren't the only racists in the world. I hope she knows now.

4. Jantavanta

Jantavanta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +24
    Japan was originally populated by Black People who migrated out of Africa and Japanese bear Nigerian names. There were Black Japanese up to 120 years ago.

5. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,592
    Ali said this too as in we are all over the globe only new and news when folk fail to do their homework before they post fyi