Black People : Had a heated discusion with an Elder..

These men are grown and IMO have achieved a lot, having some fun will not necessarily undo all they have accomplished.

Peace!

They are grown, which is why they can only make the decision themselves. I just believe in hearing what someone older has to say on making better life choices.

You say necessarily because is it known that particular types of "fun" can very well undo any achievement a person has worked hard for?

Yeah, I do have plenty of games, and I do know many call it unnecessary, and I, myself, thought for some time the same which is why I abstained from it for awhile, but since my gaming consoles are old, buying a 3rd for when the other breaks down hardly makes me overdoing it, I believe, but just smart thinking ahead.

(And when someone older did say I should limit how much I played, I listened because as hard as I (felt I) was working; it would have eventually cut into that.)

I don't go by others standards of fun, but I do like to use my head on which types of fun can altogether amount to a killjoy for the priorities in my life.

They are grown, which is why they can only make the decision themselves. I just believe in hearing what someone older has to say on making better life choices.

You say necessarily because is it known that particular types of "fun" can very well undo any achievement a person has worked hard for?

Yeah, I do have plenty of games, and I do know many call it unnecessary, and I, myself, thought for some time the same which is why I abstained from it for awhile, but since my gaming consoles are old, buying a 3rd for when the other breaks down hardly makes me overdoing it, I believe, but just smart thinking ahead.

(And when someone older did say I should limit how much I played, I listened because as hard as I (felt I) was working; it would have eventually cut into that.)

I don't go by others standards of fun, but I do like to use my head on which types of fun can altogether amount to a killjoy for the priorities in my life.

I feel what you are saying, and I also try to take head what Elders say as far as life...but you have to understand that we aren't in some gambling spot/shot house ect...I would never encourage them being in any type of environment that is even remotely like the one I've fought tooth and nail to keep them from...we aren't out at just ANY event, I take extreme caution in the company I keep....these were people that walk the same path as I do..with "young ones" of there own to celebrate with and brag on.

I feel you and agree with you sista. The older generation do have the knowledge, and they have been where a lot of us are trying to make it.

You are correct, I allowed for the fact that specific types of fun can, and has led too the down fall of many. I've been there myself:cool: ..(that's experience for ya sista:lol:)

Yes, you have rationalized it well in order to justify doing it. I know where you are coming from and I will be the last to knock you. In fact I support you, I'm a gamer. But you know there are many that don't care what they reason is.

Oh lawd..don't get me started on this..This is harder than most people think. When I was in school, I hated stopping playing my game just to study:uhh:

I would say to myself, I'll play for a hour then study...but it never really was an hour, it was more like 3 or 4 hours.:em2300:

Right, that's my point. You are able to gauge and determine what is right for you, what works, and don't work for you. We have to assume others have this same ability.

BTW...what game are you playing?

Peace!

I feel what you are saying, and I also try to take head what Elders say as far as life...but you have to understand that we aren't in some gambling spot/shot house ect...I would never encourage them being in any type of environment that is even remotely like the one I've fought tooth and nail to keep them from...we aren't out at just ANY event, I take extreme caution in the company I keep....these were people that walk the same path as I do..with "young ones" of there own to celebrate with and brag on.

Then what's the disagreement?:11200: Did the elder just not want gatherings? Or drinking? Or celebration? or...laughing?

Then that's another story, and I'm pretty sure it could be smoothed out by a less heated approach, huh?

Then what's the disagreement?:11200: Did the elder just not want gatherings? Or drinking? Or celebration? or...laughing?

Then that's another story, and I'm pretty sure it could be smoothed out by a less heated approach, huh?

After some reflection I think his reaction was more out of worry after hearing about the live weekend, than anger...because like you said sometimes fun is a slippery slope into misery...and I think he was just worried about my young ones sliding from one level to another, because it is so easy and often times enjoyable...he might even have been worried that after as far as I've come it could happen to me...I mean technically I'm still young enough to fall victim to that whole "party culture", like they say, to much of anything makes you an addict.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back