Black People : Gun Control: What are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by NNQueen, Jun 24, 2004.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    What are your thoughts about people owning guns and having them in the home.

Do you think that guns are necessary to protect your property, life and lives of your loved ones?

What do you think about Gun Control Laws and the NRA?

Do you think that pilots of commercial flights should be armed with guns?

Would you hesitate to shoot a gun at someone who was threatening your life?

How is it that people have access to so many guns without a license? Do you think the same principle applies to guns on the streets as it does to illegal drugs in terms of their accessibility?

Do you think that guns cause people to be more aggressive in their behavior?

Why is it that so many people today, young and old, want to settle disagreements with guns?

If you lived in a high crime neighborhood, would you teach your wife or children how to protect themselves with the use of a gun?

How do you think children are getting ahold of guns that they take to school?

Do you know anyone personally that has died due to guns?

Who manufactures hand guns and how do they make it on the streets?

Do you think that Blacks are any more inclined to use a gun for aggression or protection than people of other races?

Do you think that Black women are more or less inclined to use a gun than women of other races?

Has anyone seen the movie, "Bowling for Columbine" by Michael Moore? It's about the students who shot and murdered teachers and classmates in Colorado. These students were literally trained to kill by family who were in a militia group. Evil is all around us and its face is very often difficult to recognize until it's too late.

What are your thoughts about guns?

Queenie :spinstar:

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Very good Post

Very Nice Post Queen! You always bring up good issues.

" What are your thoughts about people owning guns and having them in the home. "

I believe the second amendment " Right to Bear Arms (1791) is a good right. But it reads " A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. " every member of American society is in fact militia. " These students were literally trained to kill by family who were in a militia group. " Your correct. The aim of the militia is to train. If you don't your not considered a militiaman. " They believe " Without the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, we have no teeth to protect the other rights as enumerated in the Bill of Rights. "

I have a gun in the home. I don't train and in their eyes I'm unprepared.

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from
    time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take
    arms...the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood
    of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Do you think that guns are necessary to protect your property, life and lives of your loved ones?

I believe so, if a situation came where I was facing another that broke into my home. I plan on protecting myself in a self defense manner, by any means necessary.

I do believe there should be better gun control. I have no special place in my heart for the NRA. To many plan and train for the overthrow of others and can't be trusted. Recall the Waco Texas massacure during Janet Reno's and President Clinton's administration. Those people were armed better than the army. Many groups in the northwest train and practice for race wars and take great pride in shedding blood. That was the Columbine outcome. Those children trained and knew what damage they could inflict and used their parents weapons to carry out a immature grudge.

The gun makers could serialize all bullet casings. Those are often left behind during street and gun battles and the seller and purchaser could be tracked this way. That would be my answer to gun control. Let those who want guns have them. But you can be tracked and traced if you participate in illegal activity's with those weapons.

If you lived in a high crime neighborhood, would you teach your wife or children how to protect themselves with the use of a gun?

My wife wants to learn to shoot. I'm afraid she may have it in for me.. LOL

No hesitation.

Do you think that Blacks are any more inclined to use a gun for aggression or protection than people of other races?

In some ways we do. It's a show of power for young men to be feared and ruthless. But it is misdirected anger and understanding and will continue to be a hard nut to crack. We should train them, like others do. Let them fire at targets and practice and get proper training and education of what a gun and the damage it does look like. After a few video's many would reconsider what they take for granted. Hot five cent lead is no joke.

Do you think that Black women are more or less inclined to use a gun than women of other races?

If trained black women won't hesitate to fire a weapon. It's hard to say more or less. But you know men are responsible for more gun violence than women.

Some guns are purchased on the streets and passed to others by friends that have access to their parents or brothers weapons. Better training is needed. Society, Congress and the Administration need to show more concern. They are the biggest gun maker. You hear about the shortage of bullets ammo makers are having? They can't meet the supply needed in Iraq. One soldier shot his gun so much his barrel melted down some and was damaged. It's hard when they practice gun violence themselves with WAR! :smokin:

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Brother HODEE, thank you so much for responding to my questions. The points you raised, as usual, are good ones and on point. There is much that can be shared in this thread as it relates to guns and how they are perceived in the general Black population. I look forward to reading more as people respond.

Peace,
    Queenie :thanks:

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    GUN CRAZY SOCIETY. TO MANY GUNZ ON THE STREET. I USED TO LIVE IN DANGEROUS HOODS SOUTHERN CALI TO BE XACT. I NEVER FELT THE NEED FOR A GUN. IM A FIRM BELIEVER IN U FIND WHAT UR LOOKING FOR. IF WANT TROUBLE ULL FIND IT. JUST AK THE AVERAGE YOUNG BROTHER IN PRISON FOR GUN CHARGES.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, BROTHER HODEE MADE SOME GOOD POINTS. WE ARE SURROUND BY THE EURO ENEMY. THEY ARE TRAINING FOR WAR...WITH US! THAT IS THE ONLY REASON ID EVER CONSIDER OWNING A GUN. I DON'T LIVE IN FEAR OF BREAK INS TO MY HOME, OR BEING ROBBED. THATS WHATS WRONG HERE...TO MUCH FEAR.

MICHAEL MOORE MADE SOME GREAT POINTS IN HIS MOVIE BOWLING FOR COLLUMBINE(SPELLED WRONG?). f*** THE NRA, THATS HOW I TREAT EM. A BUNCH OF RACIST, HEARTLESS PSCHOPATHS.

ID LIKE TO SEE ORGANIZED BLACK MILITIA FOR PROTECTION, NOT DRUNKEN FOOLS KILLING EACH OTHER OVER AN ICE GLARE. FOR EXAMPLE I SOUTH CENTRAL LA, THERE ARE BLOCKS WHERE THE GANG BANGERS BUST SHOTS AT POLICE PATROL CARS WITHOUT HESITATION AS SOON AS THEY ATEMPT TO DRIVE DOWN THERE BLOCK. I COMMEND THESE YOUNG THUGZ, FIGHT FIRE W/FIRE.

ALL IN ALL TO MANY GUNZ, TO LITTLE FUNDS......\

PEACE ON THE PLANET

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,738
    there was a time when i carried a gun.

i found that it made my already bad attitude that much worse.
    in fact it got to the point where i scared myself.
    by that i mean coming out of a red haze and realizing that i had been very close to stepping across a line that i didn't want to step across.
    and over something that was actually nothing.

i stopped carrying a gun.

6. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    BUMPED.. because it is TIME for CONTROL.. of the BULLETS!

June 5, 2014 ALL OF CONGRESS IS UP TO BE REPLACED!
    http://www.factcheck.org/players-guide/2014/

Players Guide 2014
    Who are the people and groups behind the TV ads in the 2014 federal elections? Below is a list of organizations that have been active or are expected to be active in raising and spending money to influence voters in 2014. Click on the links to read profiles of each organization. The groups were selected based on the amounts they have spent, or say they plan to spend, or the media attention they have attracted. It is not a comprehensive list, and additional groups will be added as the campaign season unfolds.
    ============================
    http://www.factcheck.org/2009/01/ammunition-accountability-act/

[​IMG]
    Ammunition Accountability Act
    • Posted on January 16, 2009
    Q:Are states going to require serial numbers on bullets and require disposal of existing ammunition?

A:Such a proposal is being pushed by a company that holds a patent on bullet-coding technology. But none of the 31 bills introduced last year ever made it out of committee.

FULL QUESTION

I received this in an e-mail and was curious if it is true.

Ammunition Accountability Act

Remember how Obama said that he wasn’t going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture, a data base of all ammunition sales.

7. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Peace Nnqueen,

here are my answers:

Yes.

That's too general a question for me to answer.

Do you think that pilots of commercial flights should be armed with guns?

Yes.

Yes.

How is it that people have access to so many guns without a license? Do you think the same principle applies to guns on the streets as it does to illegal drugs in terms of their accessibility?

Yes.

Do you think that guns cause people to be more aggressive in their behavior?

Most definitely.

Why is it that so many people today, young and old, want to settle disagreements with guns?

It's not so many when you consider the size of the population. In a culture of violence, violence is the
    primary tool. Your entire society is held together by violence.. the boundaries of your nation are held together
    through violence.. why wouldn't there be violence in the streets as well?

That would never happen; I would never have a family living in a high crime neighborhood.. and unless I'm shackled
    to the stop sign on the corner, there's no way I would like in a high crime neighborhood.. and, you can probably imagine,
    that I don't understand why people stay in high crime neighborhoods. Every ounce of their effort should be mobilized toward getting out.

From their homes of course. From the streets. I had access to guns in my household growing up. I used to take my
    father's 22 rifle and shoot at birds in the backyard. My father never knew it though.. and I never took a gun to school, but I easily could have.

Do you know anyone personally that has died due to guns?

of course.

Who manufactures hand guns and how do they make it on the streets?

Gun manufacturers manufacture hand guns.. and they make it on the streets directly or indirectly through the market economy.

This question is ambiguous.

This question is ambiguous.

Has anyone seen the movie, "Bowling for Columbine" by Michael Moore? It's about the students who shot and murdered teachers and classmates in Colorado. These students were literally trained to kill by family who were in a militia group. Evil is all around us and its face is very often difficult to recognize until it's too late.

What are your thoughts about guns?

Guns are tools. And believe it or not, guns don't kill people: People kill people.. and they do it for a myriad of reasons.. fear, greed, jealousy, etc, etc, etc.. And taking away the guns is impossible in this day and age. The violence you see
    in the streets is the result of, roughly, the government supported/facilitated/protected drug trade + racially-biased prison industrial complex + community-destructive propaganda directed at the youth.. in the form of music/videos/merchandise + the government supported/assisted/facilitated destruction of the family unit through services and programs that encourage single-parent households + inadequate economic opportunities + inadequate education + absence of a moral compass + loss of a connection to a larger spiritual context.

8. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Peace Hodee,

you know this is a money thing right? A company creates a solution, patents it, then tries to have it adopted as a standard.
    That's a money thing. If it were really aimed at the public good, it would be contributed to the public domain.

Serial numbers on bullets is no more a solution to gun violence than serial numbers on guns has been.

9. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Those who do not hold the patent will block this forever if allowed. Sooner or later the citizen have to rule as it it written. For the people by the people.
    The electrical industry went thru the same thing. America has to get over it's greed, and people have to give up holding each back for their own benefit.

Yea it is a money thing. Give an example that isn't. The Tesla if the inventor didn't have his own cash. To produce that car. He would be shut out by GM,TOYOTA... etc and the other money grabbers. You know... the game planners.

It does not bother me one bit what the bullets cost.
    Those who want to file their bullets let them do it. Those who make their own bullets will continue.
    Gun violence would decrease. Having the laser imprint inside the shell will work. Outside it is subject to tampering.
    Shells left behind during street and gun battles and the seller and purchaser could be tracked this way.

10. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    Too many questions to answer all at once. So, I’ll tackle a few.
    • do you think guns are necessary to protect property, life and loved ones?
    • Yes.
    • What do you think about gun control laws?
    • There are enough laws on the book for law-abiding citizens. For
    • Non-law-abiding citizens, all the laws in the world won’t change anything.
    • Would you hesitate to shoot at someone who’s threatening your life?
    • That depends on the situation. Being ex-military, I was taught to respond.
    • However, the situation might dictate a different reaction.
    • Do you think guns cause people to be more aggressive in their behavior?
    • I think guns can cause people to be more aggressive in their response to
    • The behavior of others. It levels the playing field…in that it allows those
    • People who normally wouldn’t act, to act. Whether it gives them the
    • Courage to act, I’m not sure. You may not be able to beat a person in a
    • Fair fight but everyone can die from a bullet—a bully will fall just like
    • Everyone else.
    • Who manufacture hand guns and how do they make it on the streets?
    • There are a variety of manufactures. Who they are doesn’t matter. As for
    • How guns make it to the streets…where there is a demand, a supplier will
    • Happen along. On the streets of L.A., you can get a gun quicker than
    • Drugs…and most times, for less.
    I don’t own a gun. I’ve found that when you have a gun, it’s easier to come with it than to walk away…or to search for a better solution, when confronted by that type of situation. As a teenager, I came dangerously close to killing someone who tried to set me up…out of jealousy. After that, I gave my gun to my moms and told her to get rid of it. Since then, I’ve been around the world, and have never had a gun pulled on me—other than by cops in the racist state of Nebraska…back in the eighties. Having said that, I understand the need for one. The way things are today, I’ve considered getting another…but I keep seeing myself in that situation. AND I DON’T WANT TO SEE MYSELF IN PRISON.

If you’re going to own a gun, you have a responsibility to ensure the security of that gun…especially if you have children in the house. To think that telling your child not to touch your gun is enough is naïve. When a child is being bullied, and he sees no way out of his daily torture, he will resort to whatever is available. Or, you may just have an overly curious child…who wants to know what it’s like to shoot a gun. Either way, I don’t blame the child. Nonetheless, the child could end up dead, or in prison. A parent saying, “I told him not to touch it,” will do nothing to alleviate the suffering, afterward. So, if you’re going to own a gun, take responsibility for it.