Gun Ownership : Gun Control Around the World: A Primer

UBNaturally

Ok, let's examine this one. I know the NRA, hate groups and survivalists, are stuck on their 2nd Amendment rights. But, it seems clear to me that all the violence in the USA would come to a halt if we did as the England did and outlawed firearms. Even the police don't carry firearms there.

Black on Black crime would decrease dramatically. People talk about gun control over automatic weapons, etc. Controlling who can and can't buy firearms.... But, why can't we overturn the 2nd Amendment and have a gun-free society? Is it impossible, or just highly unlikely because our citizens love their guns?
How Gun Control Made England The 'Most Violent Country In Europe'

This is more complicated than one response will suffice.

Based on constitutional design, and liberties of the people within the lands that are governed by it, it presents an opposing argument that people have the natural right to defend themselves.

If there was an all out ban on projectile weaponry within one nation, this would create a security issue unless there was a unanimous treaty with every nation, to do so as well.

This is one of the major reasons other countries consider the need for nuclear ballistic programs, to counter any attempted aggression by foreign elements to remove the sovereignty of said countries.

The issue is not the weapon itself, but the premise into which the weapon is perceived to be created for.
When someone uses them as an offensive tool, it goes against the nature implied within constitutional ordinances (aside for war treaties).

Before we start to look at stats that compare and contrast "pro-gun" states and gun violence beside "anti-gun" states and gun violence, the one thing we cannot look past is the term "society".

See EU Army (would go into this further here, but would override the thread).

The idea that civilians would have highly limited or completely restricted access to defensive arms, while the military allegiance can (shooting unarmed civilians), imposes a conflict with the safeguard again any type of slow tyrannical buildup.

I really don't get into this discussion much, because the creation of the projectile weapon was for the use against a larger predator or enemy.

I've always seen anyone that uses a projectile weapon in an offensive and aggressive manor as a weak coward... like throwing a shoe at a spider, instead of stepping on it.

So what goes on with so called "black on black" gun violence, has to do more with cowards and fearful young people, than it has to do with guns or gun control.

See Zulu Conquest

A true warrior isn't violent (emotional) because of what someone says to them (put some respek on my name), they are violent because they are trying to survive an offensive onslaught by an enemy.

Can you imagine going to war because someone said "your shoes are dirty"?
"Black on Black" conflicts are mental illness wars that are funded by (gun trade markets) the same ones trying to push for "gun control".

The "War on Drugs" was manufactured by some in the same factions of those that were helping to bring the narcotics in from Columbia and Afghanistan.

Profiting from both the "illness/chaos" and the "cure/calm".
View attachment 5892

When some say "the system is rigged", it's talking about the system of geopolitics.
The strategy is deep and wide, and as stated at the beginning, it cannot be expressed fully in one post, and probably not in one thread.

Respect

But, the constitution only protects the rights of "militias" to own and bear guns, not individuals.

You are using Breitbart as a reference. They are including "all types of violence". My reference is specific in stating Gun murders.

_65077559_us_gun_compared_624.gif

Guns were created to harm and/or kill anything with a heart beat.

Americans have a love/hate relationship with violence. We love to see it in movies, video games, in the street when people argue and fight, but hate it when it happens to us or someone we know or love.

Anger, rage, depression will fuel people to do despicable things with guns in hand. I'm done talking about it, now I'm going to do something to stop it and you, is what a lot of people with rage use guns for, even to the extent of using them to end their own lives.

People who have a love for guns almost always turn to the 2nd Amendment as their shield to protect what they believe is their right to own a gun and no one, not even the government can deny them of that right--at least not in America. But remember, this is America, which is also driven by capitalistic greed and there's a lot of money to be made in buying/selling guns.

So who is really advocating the "right to own and bear arms"? I think the bigger issue is understanding the politics around the National Rifle Association (NRA) and who it represents, how it is funded and what it is funded for. Is this ANOTHER good reason to get money out of politics??

Does the NRA Represent Gun Manufacturers or Gun Owners?
The National Rifle Association has successfully stymied any effort to regulate gun ownership, but whom do they really represent?

Is the NRA working for casual gun-owners, many of whom, according to polling, support tougher restrictions on gun ownership— or is the NRA serving the gunmaker lobby— which is purely interested in policies that will promote greater gun sales and more profits? Any gun control policy debate should begin with this question.The National Rifle Association portrays itself as an organization that represents “4 million members” who simply love the Second Amendment. The truth is much more murky.

In reality, the NRA is composed of half a dozen legal entities; some designed to run undisclosed attack ads in political campaigns, others to lobby and collect tens of millions in undisclosed, tax-deductible sums. This power has only been enhanced in the era of Citizens United, with large GOP donors in the last election reportedly funneling money to the NRA simply to use the group as a brand to pummel Democrats with nasty ads. (As The Huffington Post’s Peter Stone reported, even the Koch network now provides an undisclosed amount to the NRA.)

The Violence Policy Center has estimated that since 2005, gun manufacturers have contributed up to $38.9 million to the NRA. Those numbers, however, are based on publicly listed “sponsorship” levels on NRA fundraising pamphlets. The real figures could be much bigger. Like Crossroads GPS or Americans for Prosperity, or the Sierra Club for that matter, the NRA does not disclose any donor information even though it spends millions on federal elections.

Read more...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back