Gun Ownership : Gun Appreciation Day is Not for Us

Teen slain after performing at inaugural: 'Happiest day of her life and then she's gone'

130130-hadiya-pendleton-11a.photoblog600.jpg

dnainfo.com
Hadiya Pendleton, 15, a student at King College Prep, was killed Tuesday at a Chicago park near the school, authorities said.
By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News
A 15-year-old Chicago girl gunned down a week after she performed during President Obama’s inaugural festivities was remembered Wednesday as a “walking angel” – the last person her family could imagine dying by a bullet.
Hadiya Pendleton was an honor student, a marching-band majorette, and a doting big sister who thought about becoming a journalist or a pharmacist or even getting into politics after she witnessed history in Washington last week.
The biggest trouble the insatiable reader ever gave her parents: running up their credit card buying books on Amazon.
“I couldn’t ask for a better child,” her mother, Cleo Cowley, said through tears at her Chicago home. “She didn’t give me any hard time at all. She had a heart of gold.”

Teen slain after performing at inaugural: 'Happiest day of her life and then she's gone'

130130-hadiya-pendleton-11a.photoblog600.jpg

dnainfo.com
Hadiya Pendleton, 15, a student at King College Prep, was killed Tuesday at a Chicago park near the school, authorities said.
By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News
A 15-year-old Chicago girl gunned down a week after she performed during President Obama’s inaugural festivities was remembered Wednesday as a “walking angel” – the last person her family could imagine dying by a bullet.
Hadiya Pendleton was an honor student, a marching-band majorette, and a doting big sister who thought about becoming a journalist or a pharmacist or even getting into politics after she witnessed history in Washington last week.
The biggest trouble the insatiable reader ever gave her parents: running up their credit card buying books on Amazon.
“I couldn’t ask for a better child,” her mother, Cleo Cowley, said through tears at her Chicago home. “She didn’t give me any hard time at all. She had a heart of gold.”

I'm sorry, what is the point of your articles. Where are you going with this. Do you think people shouldn't have guns?

The guns dont kill people argument is ringing a bit hollow to me

Murder, unfortunately, has been around since just about the first generation of humanity.

It feels as though you are telling me that criminals might be deterred by the law? Are you suggesting because some are criminals, we should all be treated as such, just in case? I remember the video a few weeks ago that spoke that indeed, England has few gun deaths because guns are banned there, but it is considered one of the most violent places to live. The USA on the other hand, doesn't have such a terrible track record in over all violence, but yes, here, guns are the weapon of choice. Are people not killing people over in Great Britain? Or is the knives don't kill people argument ringing hollow?

Murder, unfortunately, has been around since just about the first generation of humanity.

It feels as though you are telling me that criminals might be deterred by the law? Are you suggesting because some are criminals, we should all be treated as such, just in case? I remember the video a few weeks ago that spoke that indeed, England has few gun deaths because guns are banned there, but it is considered one of the most violent places to live. The USA on the other hand, doesn't have such a terrible track record in over all violence, but yes, here, guns are the weapon of choice. Are people not killing people over in Great Britain? Or is the knives don't kill people argument ringing hollow?

The laws arent being enforced because of the foolish culture. Moreover, the false culture. People arent killing people in GB or Canada at the rate we're doing it here. Like I said, that argument rings hollow

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back