Gun Ownership : Gun Appreciation Day is Not for Us

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by river, Jan 18, 2013.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    You might want to check out Brotha Oldsoul's Consciousness Raising class from Jaunuary 13 for an in-depth look at what this so called celebration is all about.

http://blogtalkradio.com/destee

What I want to say here is the fact that a cop can shoot a Black man for the mere suspicion that he might have a gun is proof that the second amendment is not and never has been meant for Black people or any non White for that matter.

Gun Appreciation Day set on MLK's birthday and the inauguration of Obama for his second term. One of the groups pushing this day is America Third Position, a well known white supremacist group.

The gun is known as the great equalizer. Without it, white supremacy could not exist. Of course, White men appreciate it. It is the sine qua non of everything that they claim.

You might also enjoy reading and listening to my short story, TheFirst Nine

http://visionswithvoices.com/firstnine/index.html

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Thank You Sister River ... :love:

:heart:

Destee

3. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

Gun Appreciation Day set on MLK's birthday and the inauguration of Obama for his second term. One of the groups pushing this day is America Third Position, a well known white supremacist group....Puting this on these two days is DELIBERATE. Nothing really has changed in the great ole USA.
    I have a strange feeling that black folks in the USA are going to have a big fight on their hands during 2013. These racists/supremacists groups wont let up. Thanks for posting.

4. mywordsfly

mywordsfly Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +599
    I liked that in your story his gun wasn't automatic. I've noticed that the one type of gun they are trying to pull of the streets is the one all of these maniacs supposedly keep choosing. But it is not about the gun. It is about the individuals who want to harm others and the sheep who are too afraid to be among the first nine.

Actually, I suppose if one of those 100 people in there had a gun, though, they wouldn't have even had to bother with counting the bullets. With 100 people in there, someone could have easily shot him without him ever even knowing they were aiming if they knew how to use the weapon.

Anyway, the story was interesting, but I felt the ending left me...waiting for more? The crowd was too easy-- throwing blame the whole time. I didn't feel like they were a real crowd of people, sometimes. Especially if in front of the gunman they call the preacher a sell out. But then, they were all wasting their time sitting in a room not really listening to a speaker....

So nice story, and nice point over all.

5. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    One killed, two wounded at Phoenix office complex; gunman still at large

[​IMG]
    Phoenix Police Department
    Phoenix police were seeking Arthur Douglas Harmon, 70, in the deadly shooting at a Phoenix business comples Wednesday, Jan. 30.
    By M. Alex Johnson, staff writer, NBC News
    A man shot three people, killing one of them, after a dispute at a Phoenix office complex Wednesday, authorities said.

Phoenix police said that the gunman fled the scene. The suspect was identified as William Harmon, 70, of Phoenix. He was described as a white male, about 6 feet tall and about 220 pounds, and was considered armed and dangerous.
    Steven Singer, 48, was pronounced dead at a Phoenix hospital, police said. Authorities wouldn't discuss the identities or conditions of the two other victims, a white man and a woman in her early 30s, because Harmon was still at large.

6. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    Teen slain after performing at inaugural: 'Happiest day of her life and then she's gone'

[​IMG]
    dnainfo.com
    Hadiya Pendleton, 15, a student at King College Prep, was killed Tuesday at a Chicago park near the school, authorities said.
    By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News
    A 15-year-old Chicago girl gunned down a week after she performed during President Obama’s inaugural festivities was remembered Wednesday as a “walking angel” – the last person her family could imagine dying by a bullet.
    Hadiya Pendleton was an honor student, a marching-band majorette, and a doting big sister who thought about becoming a journalist or a pharmacist or even getting into politics after she witnessed history in Washington last week.
    The biggest trouble the insatiable reader ever gave her parents: running up their credit card buying books on Amazon.
    “I couldn’t ask for a better child,” her mother, Cleo Cowley, said through tears at her Chicago home. “She didn’t give me any hard time at all. She had a heart of gold.”

7. mywordsfly

United States
    Ratings:
    +599
    I'm sorry, what is the point of your articles. Where are you going with this. Do you think people shouldn't have guns?

8. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

The guns dont kill people argument is ringing a bit hollow to me

9. mywordsfly

United States
    Ratings:
    +599
    Murder, unfortunately, has been around since just about the first generation of humanity.

It feels as though you are telling me that criminals might be deterred by the law? Are you suggesting because some are criminals, we should all be treated as such, just in case? I remember the video a few weeks ago that spoke that indeed, England has few gun deaths because guns are banned there, but it is considered one of the most violent places to live. The USA on the other hand, doesn't have such a terrible track record in over all violence, but yes, here, guns are the weapon of choice. Are people not killing people over in Great Britain? Or is the knives don't kill people argument ringing hollow?

10. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

The laws arent being enforced because of the foolish culture. Moreover, the false culture. People arent killing people in GB or Canada at the rate we're doing it here. Like I said, that argument rings hollow