Black People : Guilty by association?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by nikknikk19, Mar 27, 2011.

1. nikknikk19

nikknikk19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

BSN Student
    Ratings:
    +40
    I use to friends with this sistah. Best friends at that. We' were inseperatable. We partied and experimented with all sorts of stuff we had no business experimenting with freshman/sophmore year. But, then she got pregnant and asked me if I'd call some clinics to price abortions. I didn't want to, but I did it anyway. The whole time I resented her for it. I resented her for getting me involved. I resented her for getting pregnant and even telling me about it. She'd refer to her baby as "it" and "this thing inside of me". She'd go the whole day without eating. Everytime she told me about another symptom, I'd die inside. Then we found out the sex and it turned out to be a baby boy; I treated her like the plague. Senior year of highschool I miscarried two. I didn't understand how I wanted mine and lost them. And she didn't even want hers and still carried a healthy baby. She never told the father she was pregnant. And though he was in love with her and pre-law; she choose to chase after some alpha who slept with most of the sistahs on campus instead. I stopped to speaking her when she decided to have her abortion. I just felt like I had blood on my hands. She went off when I wouldn't return her calls and refused to hang out. I wondered how she could be so passionate about losing a friend and not a child. I wondered how I could grieve for her baby and mine. I stopped taking her seriously. I still feel bad for even calling planned parenthoods for her in the first place. At the time I didn't know the history of planned parenthood. Nor did I need to to know to feel it was wrong. I still feel guilty to this day. I do wonder though, what does motherhood feel like and how important is it to smell your baby those first few minutes of the baby's life?

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Maybe I missed it, but you failed to mention if you told her how you felt, if you shared with your friend how wrong you felt this was.

3. nikknikk19

nikknikk19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

BSN Student
    Ratings:
    +40
    yeah I did. But, she said it was her body and her future. She didin't want to give it up for adoption. She rather just never have it and remain babyless.

4. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +877
    Thank you for sharing your story. I encourage you to use this as a stepping stone that further persuades you of your moral stance on the matter. Some experiences are allowed in our lives to put a final stamp in our DNA of what we stand for to move us to passionately support a cause, person or community. I'm positive someone in the same circumstance will read this thread and think twice, so thank you for the spark!