Black People : Gucci’s New Ads, Featuring All African-American Models, Under Fire for Treating ‘Black Soul as Drag’

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
IMO this discussion is going in the wrong direction i.e., backwards.

I think there is a total missing understanding of Gucci's adverting campaign.

Gucci's campaign is based on culture and dance, FACT.

The culture being PROMOTED is club culture and 60/70s Soul Music. The dance being promoted is Northern Soul. The clothing being promoted here is club wear, NOT drag. Imo, when our youth go clubbing they morph into exhibitionists LOL!!

So, the worst case scenario is Gucci pulls the advertisement, these Black models in turn lose their jobs and royalties, the offspring of the 60/70s Soul singers also lose their royalties. Moreover, in the future clothing designers will be cautious about using Black models.

I disagree with BET wholeheartedly in that its not enough that Gucci have chosen Black models to promote their 2017 club wear. BET has gone off half cocked and moved the goalpost by saying that POC should be involved in the design process.

The Gucci advertising imo is beautiful, BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL, FACT.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back