Black People : GSW to the head. When are we going to stop this madness?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Full Speed, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    In the last three days, I have transported two Gun Shot Wounds (GSW) to the head to a major Trauma Center, one from the scene and one from a smaller rural hospital. Unfortunately, this is routine stuff for me. Everytime I receive a call to transport a GSW, I pray that maybe this time it won't be another Black person. Unfortunately, almost everytime, it is. When are we going to do something about this??????????????

It's clear that we love each other. But, it is also clear that we don't like each other and don't value Black life. On a recent transport from Helena, AR a police officer told me that was the "5th or 6th shooting within the last week or so". What will it take for us to get our heads out of the sand and put a stop to this madness??????????

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    To get out of AR. There's only about a 10% black population there isn't it?
    The reason is because we have been under racist domination since our kidnapping, and have been continuously taught to hate our black skin. And when you have been taught to hate yourself, no one around you, like you, has a chance.

3. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    The Black population of the United states is only 12.8% but the Black population of Helena, AR is 68%. We have to move beyond these excuses such as "we have been under racist domination" and "we have been taught to hate our black skin". Understand this, in an area that the mayor is Black, most of the politicians are Black, the school board is Black, most of the educators are Black etc. there is no racist domination. Under these conditions, we can teach ourselves what ever we choose, including to LOVE our black skin.

If we continue making and accepting excuses, how is it possible for us to EVER change this situation?? If we continue to believe, accept, and perpetuate this myth that White people are making us kill one another, we are doomed from the word go.

4. Kamau47

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    :lol:

5. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Would you show me the humor in any of this?

6. Kamau47

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Life will do it for me.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    is it your statement that where you are the only people shooting are the black people? whites don't shoot?

8. Kamau47

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Me, because where I live, the white population is only around 12%.
    They're pretty much in check.

9. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    It is my statement that I have been doing EMS since 2003 in TX, OK, AR, MS, LA, MO, TN, AL, KY, WV, & GA. I have transported roughly 1500 patients during that time. I cannot remember how many GSW's I have transported, but my guess would be over 100. I don't think I have transported more than 3 White GSW's. One was a hunting accident, two were self inflicted. I may have transported one or two more that I don't remember, but not more. There have been serveral White self inflicted GSW's that we did not transport because they were dead on the spot. I have transported White bar fight victims. Oops, I just remembered one more White GSW that wasn't an accident nor self inflicted...a father-in-law shot his son-in-law in a confrontation.

My point is not that White people don't shoot, obviously they do. (The majority of "husband kills wife" stories involves a White man, like wise most of the "he went postal" stories involve a White man) But, it is undeniable that Black people shoot each other FAR more, and for much less. It's not even close.

Anyone who denies that we are not much more likely to shoot each other and for far less than White people simply have their head in the sand. If ANYONE here is in the profession of Emergency Medicine, I assure you their experience would be the same as mine. This is ESPECIALLY true if they have worked places like Little Rock, Memphis, Atlanta, Birmingham, New Orleans, Houston, St. Louis, or any other place with a high percentage of Black population.

It's time to stop denying this truth and confront it.

10. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Unless you are James' age, chances are I have experienced significantly more "life" then you have.