Black People : Growing up in a mixed environment

I have heard this from many, until, they have to get out there in the real world. I think that it is a psychological thing that manifest itself in many-- regardless of race; or so I have been told. I can understand it in a way, and in another way I think that it is a bunch of bunk.
Then again, hey I just may be wrong. On the other hand I told a brother who told me the same thing because he went to white prep schools all his life in Massachusettes (on the Affirmative Action Program); and it is beginning to really piss me off that you have a certain kind of black who think that because I am of a lighter hue I have some kind of adverse relationship with my people; anyway; I told the brother to just leave Black people alone, stay away because he is only bringing confusion and trivialities that have no place in the work place... black people have enough to deal with...
He didn't take my advice--- because he couldn't; it is a fact that Black males have a harder time on the job-most times; and all those White Males that he had a "bond" with constantly undercut he ideas and theories and never ever apologize when he is right; some of the evil ones even had the nerve to complain when he was at his desk doing nothing--BECAUSE THE BROTHER HAD FIGURED OUT A WAY TO CUT THE WORK LOAD IN HALF, WHILE DOING MORE-- We still talk, I keep my distance though; I just tell him to be himself and pray (something else those who are bonded in other worlds seem to let slide).
??? Be yourself.

What I'm saying is that they are so closed minded. I have a very diverse taste in music. I like hip-hop, Pop, Rock, R&B, Alternative,Techno. House and some country. If I decide to put on Alternative or Rock. Everyone just stares at me like I'm foolish or that I may be trying to be white. I like to go to all types of clubs and just have fun. I have all types of friends in all shapes, sizes, colors, nationalities, creeds, alternative lifestyles. So I don't hate on anyone. I try to learn to understand different people in helps me become more cultured. I like to try adventurous things. I would like to go skydiving one day.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back