Group Think : GroupThink Project - Group

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Hello Family,

Our online classes have started, and we all have something to teach. We all have valuable wisdom and knowledge that we can share with each other. Experiences that we've lived, good and bad, that others can learn from. This is what our online classes are about, sharing with each other. Some of the class discussions get quite lively and heated, as we are a very diverse people, with opinions to match. This only increases the chance that we will walk away with information we didn't have before.

Online classes are held in our very own voice chat rooms.

Now i know you are thinking, "Yeah right Destee, but what can i teach?" Of course i have an answer for that question.
  • Are you a single parent willing to share single parenting tips you've learned along the way? Do you realize how many of our young people are raising babies alone? Must they struggle through all the hardships or can we help guide their path so that some of those hardships can be avoided?
  • Perhaps you are a personal trainer and can share tips on how we can keep (or get) our bodies healthy and fit.
  • Maybe you work for a college/university and see the many opportunities that are available to our children, but aren't being taken advantage of because they don't know? You could share that information with our young people here, we have many.
  • Do you know how to cook? You could share recipes with us and healthy eating/cooking tips.
  • Have you studied a religion and feel confident to lead a discussion in this area? Maybe you've studied many religions and want to bring them all together. This would be a lively class for sure, but done with the most respect and consideration for all Members, regardless of their personal beliefs. It's all about sharing knowledge.
  • Or maybe you've been to Africa a time or two, have pictures and information and can share that with us, allowing us to go and grow through you.
  • Are you a savvy Internet surfer, know where are all the good web sites are? Take us on a tour of them.
  • Do you have experience in publishing your own book and are willing to share it? Or perhaps producing your own CD?
As you can imagine, i could go on and on, but that's probably not necessary. I'm just trying to show that we all have something to share. Even our teenagers, Sister FoxyLady, Sister Eisha, and Sister Smartgurl are hosting their own Friday Night Teen Class. They share their high school and college experiences, the preparation involved, as well as other issues that affect their lives as teenagers. I'm looking forward to all of our teenagers participating. Of course adults are welcome too!

It's not necessary that you be an expert in the area that you host, but simply be willing to learn about that topic and guide the Family in obtaining knowledge about it. What's your passion? What brings you joy? Share it in your own online class.

We have several classes already scheduled and you can view them on the class schedule. If you are interested in hosting your own online class, please post below or email me, and we'll get a schedule established that is convenient for you. I'll need a brief description of your class to share with the Family and the date / time you are available to host it.

I'm really looking forward to learning, Teacher! :teach:

As always, if you have any questions, i'm right here.

:heart:

Destee

Destee, the below is for your consideration:

Title: GroupThink Project - Group

Meeting Time: (10:00AM to 11:00AM Eastern)

Day: (Thursday)....: October 14, 2008(Kick-Off)
Even Information:

Current standing members are:

A007....................................Group Think/Thread Starter
brown_hOrnet......................Group Think
Jahari Kavi...........................Group Think
phynxofkmt..........................Group Think
Clyde C. Coger, Jr..................Group Think/Organizer

Group Objective: (GroupThink) The Group identifies that, “a state of ignorance,” is the central cause of post modern racism. And to that end seeks to disclose and reverse the “state of ignorance” with truth and education.

Format/Discipline: Utilizing Voice Chat, plans and goals will be reached through group consensus, by note-taking and factual research, achieving the Objective. Mic flow will be from bottom/up, following proper Chat Room protocols. GroupThink participants are not expected to hold private chats nor indulge in texting while in GroupThink
Discipline: Robert Rules of Order (as a guide)

Group Size: To be effective, a limit of five(5) members, at any one live session, participating in GroupThink is permissible. Currently, one(1) vacancy exists. Coger will act as Editor pending Writspirit’s jury duty status, and Sister river's decision to join the Group.

Process and Development: Factual material, researched and settled by group consensus, will be tracked to and edited in the Thread: What is the Origin of Racism, until the Objective is achieved.

Final Product/Desteee.com exclusive rights:

A published document which reveals the Origin of Racism
A perpetual Newsletter
Destee.com T-Shirts
E-Book

Destee, the below is for your consideration:

Title: What is the Origin of Racism - Group

Meeting Time: 12:30-01:30 PM

Day: On Tuesdays....Beginning: October 14, 2008
Even Information:

Current standing members are:

A007........................................Group Think/Thread Starter
Edwards Williams..................Group Think
ang-EL.....................................Group Think
Writspirit..................................Group Think/Editor
Clyde C. Coger, Jr.................Group Think/Organizer

Group Objective: Group Think. The Group identifies that, “a state of ignorance,” is the central cause of post modern racism. And to that end seeks to disclose and reverse the “state of ignorance” with truth and education.

Format/Discipline: Utilizing Voice Chat, plans and goals will be reached through group consensus, by note-taking and factual research, achieving the Objective.
Discipline: Robert Rules of Order (as a guide)

Group Size: To be effective, a limit of five(5) members, at any one live session, participating in Group Think is permissible. Currently, two(2) vacancies exist; Edward Williams is absent and pending, and Writspirit’s busy schedule precludes day-time input.

Process and Development: Factual material, researched and settled by group consensus, will be tracked to and edited in the Thread: What is the Origin of Racism, until the Objective is achieved.

Final Product/Desteee.com exclusive rights:

A published document which reveals the Origin of Racism
A perpetual Newsletter
E-Book​

Brother Clyde Coger and all taking part in this effort ... i think it's GREAT !!! :great: :great: :great:

Thank You All for having the initiative, desire, and wherewithal to work together, utilizing whatever we have available.

I only have one concern ... and it is the Group Size, limiting participation to 5 people. If i'm understanding this part right, it suggests that only 5 can participate at a time? This part probably won't work very well, as all Members are welcome to take part in all that we have.

It would be my hope that all that wanted to participate, listen in, learn, etc., would be welcome to do that. Of course everyone doesn't have to have an official responsibility, as are outlined above, but we could sit in if we wanted to ... i hope.

Let me know if this is acceptable to you and all that are involved.

Much Much Love and Peace!

Destee

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Brother Clyde Coger and all taking part in this effort ... i think it's GREAT !!! :great: :great: :great:

Thank You All for having the initiative, desire, and wherewithal to work together, utilizing whatever we have available.

I only have one concern ... and it is the Group Size, limiting participation to 5 people. If i'm understanding this part right, it suggests that only 5 can participate at a time? This part probably won't work very well, as all Members are welcome to take part in all that we have.

It would be my hope that all that wanted to participate, listen in, learn, etc., would be welcome to do that. Of course everyone doesn't have to have an official responsibility, as are outlined above, but we could sit in if we wanted to ... i hope.

Let me know if this is acceptable to you and all that are involved.

Much Much Love and Peace!

Destee

Destee,

These are some of the issues I wanted to personally talk with you about. So, in order to be effective, the limited number of five is set for any given session, it does not mean action in isolation, as many as possible are invited to listen. But only 5 people should actually communicate, verbally on the mic. We do want to make progress!

Clearly, two vacancies exist, and need to be filled without regard to gender. No one is prevented from being in Chat, but not all can talk on the issues, on the mic, if we are to be successful.

Its call management, this project has to be managed from the start; as we go, it is expected that this prototype can be copied and applied elsewhere throughout the Forums.

If I could pick the first 5, it would certainly include keita, but keita turn down direct invite from me, this does not mean that keita can’t come on board, this is just an example. I also explained to him that the definition he provided would be used. So, for reasons such as you have outlined is the reason why I wanted to talk with you and work out all the glitches, first.

Now, I am hoping that I have made myself clear, if not you know the number-:). Meaning, lets work it out, my beautiful Bliss!

Destee,

These are some of the issues I wanted to personally talk with you about. So, in order to be effective the limited of five is set on any given session, it does not mean action in isolation, as many as possible are invited to listen. But only 5 people should actually communicate, verbally. We do want to make progress!

Clearly, two vacancies exist, and need to be filled without regard to gender. No one is prevented from being in Chat, but not all can talk on the issues, if we are to be successful.

Its call management, this project has to be managed from the start; as we go, it is expected that this prototype can be copied and applied elsewhere throughout the Forums.

If I could pick the first 5, it would certainly include keita, but keita turn down direct invite from me, this does not mean that keita can’t come on board, this is just an example. I also explained to him that the definition he provided would be used. So, for reasons such as you have outlined is why I wanted to talk with you and work out all the glitches, first.

Now, I am hoping that I have made myself clear, if not you know the number-:). Meaning, lets work it out, my beautiful Bliss!

Brother Clyde Coger ... okay, i think i understand now.

The 5 designated folk, are the only ones that will be talking on the microphone, but everyone else is welcome to sit in, listen, communicate via text ... is that right?

If i am understanding properly, then all is well.

I just wanted to be sure more than 5 can actually be present in the chat room, during this time.

Sounds wonderful! It's really not much different than any other class, as the "Class Leader" if you will, is usually the only one on the mic, during their class. In this case though, there are 5 Class Leaders! :teach:

I will post this new addition to the Family, on the Class Schedule, as soon as possible.

If there is anything else you need from me, just let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back