Group Think : GroupThink Project - Group

Discussion in 'Group Think Project-Group' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    Destee, the below is for your consideration:

Title: GroupThink Project - Group

Meeting Time: (10:00AM to 11:00AM Eastern)

Day: (Thursday)....: October 14, 2008(Kick-Off)
    Even Information:

Current standing members are:

A007....................................Group Think/Thread Starter
    brown_hOrnet......................Group Think
    Jahari Kavi...........................Group Think
    phynxofkmt..........................Group Think
    Clyde C. Coger, Jr..................Group Think/Organizer

Group Objective: (GroupThink) The Group identifies that, “a state of ignorance,” is the central cause of post modern racism. And to that end seeks to disclose and reverse the “state of ignorance” with truth and education.

Format/Discipline: Utilizing Voice Chat, plans and goals will be reached through group consensus, by note-taking and factual research, achieving the Objective. Mic flow will be from bottom/up, following proper Chat Room protocols. GroupThink participants are not expected to hold private chats nor indulge in texting while in GroupThink
    Discipline: Robert Rules of Order (as a guide)

Group Size: To be effective, a limit of five(5) members, at any one live session, participating in GroupThink is permissible. Currently, one(1) vacancy exists. Coger will act as Editor pending Writspirit’s jury duty status, and Sister river's decision to join the Group.

Process and Development: Factual material, researched and settled by group consensus, will be tracked to and edited in the Thread: What is the Origin of Racism, until the Objective is achieved.

Final Product/Desteee.com exclusive rights:

A published document which reveals the Origin of Racism
    A perpetual Newsletter
    Destee.com T-Shirts
    E-Book

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
  3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Clyde Coger and all taking part in this effort ... i think it's GREAT !!! :great: :great: :great:

Thank You All for having the initiative, desire, and wherewithal to work together, utilizing whatever we have available.

I only have one concern ... and it is the Group Size, limiting participation to 5 people. If i'm understanding this part right, it suggests that only 5 can participate at a time? This part probably won't work very well, as all Members are welcome to take part in all that we have.

It would be my hope that all that wanted to participate, listen in, learn, etc., would be welcome to do that. Of course everyone doesn't have to have an official responsibility, as are outlined above, but we could sit in if we wanted to ... i hope.

Let me know if this is acceptable to you and all that are involved.

Much Much Love and Peace!

:heart:

Destee

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Destee,

These are some of the issues I wanted to personally talk with you about. So, in order to be effective, the limited number of five is set for any given session, it does not mean action in isolation, as many as possible are invited to listen. But only 5 people should actually communicate, verbally on the mic. We do want to make progress!

Clearly, two vacancies exist, and need to be filled without regard to gender. No one is prevented from being in Chat, but not all can talk on the issues, on the mic, if we are to be successful.

Its call management, this project has to be managed from the start; as we go, it is expected that this prototype can be copied and applied elsewhere throughout the Forums.

If I could pick the first 5, it would certainly include keita, but keita turn down direct invite from me, this does not mean that keita can’t come on board, this is just an example. I also explained to him that the definition he provided would be used. So, for reasons such as you have outlined is the reason why I wanted to talk with you and work out all the glitches, first.

Now, I am hoping that I have made myself clear, if not you know the number-:). Meaning, lets work it out, my beautiful Bliss!

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Clyde Coger ... okay, i think i understand now.

The 5 designated folk, are the only ones that will be talking on the microphone, but everyone else is welcome to sit in, listen, communicate via text ... is that right?

If i am understanding properly, then all is well.

I just wanted to be sure more than 5 can actually be present in the chat room, during this time.

Sounds wonderful! It's really not much different than any other class, as the "Class Leader" if you will, is usually the only one on the mic, during their class. In this case though, there are 5 Class Leaders! :teach:

I will post this new addition to the Family, on the Class Schedule, as soon as possible.

If there is anything else you need from me, just let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Yes Destee, that is exactly how I envisioned it, adjustments can always be made, along the way!

The important thing here is control. We have a set agenda, from that we build. I am certainly open to any changes you, or Administration may offer, but the issues have been set.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Clyde ... it all sounds good.

For those that don't know, during classes in voice video chat, we ask that the Family stay on topic even in text ... holding their off-topic discussions in private or at some other time and place ... so as not to disrupt the class.

Most of the Members know this ... so i think everything will be good.

Looking forward to October 14th!

Oh ... and yes ... as you go, you may need to adjust things, and if there's something i need to do in that regard ... just let me know.

Thanks Again! :toast:

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Destee,

Thanks! The only problem is the delay to which I have experienced getting in touch with you, sweetheart, remember we talked about that on yesterday-:). This is a joke, repeat, in light spirits, although I committed to cease and desist from playing around with you, it is extremely hard to do, but I will try!

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Clyde Coger ... if you'll notice, my response time is much greater, if you post your question or concern here on the forum, rather than sending an email or a private message.

I believe this is because i'm monitoring the community more closely than i am email and private messages, and i have the Moderating TEAM to help me, if i miss something. With email and PM's, i tend to put them off until later (oftentimes forgetting completely), because they are not right in my face, as posts on the forum are.

So to aid in avoiding further delay, please post to me on the forum, and i'll get to it sooner.

And for the record ... you can play with me any time you wanna ... :wink:

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Destee,

My fair lady, sorry for the delay, I am keeeping grandbaby, and tutoring him in doing lines, he is a bad boy-:). Again, you have the right answers, and I will utilize the forums for our communication(s). Not a problem, solved!

Now, we are engaging back and forth, which is good, isn't this straying away from the purpose of the thread, in other words, see you in shout-out, K-:)