going above and beyond
- Nov 17, 2006
Our online classes have started, and we all have something to teach. We all have valuable wisdom and knowledge that we can share with each other. Experiences that we've lived, good and bad, that others can learn from. This is what our online classes are about, sharing with each other. Some of the class discussions get quite lively and heated, as we are a very diverse people, with opinions to match. This only increases the chance that we will walk away with information we didn't have before.
Online classes are held in our very own voice chat rooms.
Now i know you are thinking, "Yeah right Destee, but what can i teach?" Of course i have an answer for that question.
As you can imagine, i could go on and on, but that's probably not necessary. I'm just trying to show that we all have something to share. Even our teenagers, Sister FoxyLady, Sister Eisha, and Sister Smartgurl are hosting their own Friday Night Teen Class. They share their high school and college experiences, the preparation involved, as well as other issues that affect their lives as teenagers. I'm looking forward to all of our teenagers participating. Of course adults are welcome too!
- Are you a single parent willing to share single parenting tips you've learned along the way? Do you realize how many of our young people are raising babies alone? Must they struggle through all the hardships or can we help guide their path so that some of those hardships can be avoided?
- Perhaps you are a personal trainer and can share tips on how we can keep (or get) our bodies healthy and fit.
- Maybe you work for a college/university and see the many opportunities that are available to our children, but aren't being taken advantage of because they don't know? You could share that information with our young people here, we have many.
- Do you know how to cook? You could share recipes with us and healthy eating/cooking tips.
- Have you studied a religion and feel confident to lead a discussion in this area? Maybe you've studied many religions and want to bring them all together. This would be a lively class for sure, but done with the most respect and consideration for all Members, regardless of their personal beliefs. It's all about sharing knowledge.
- Or maybe you've been to Africa a time or two, have pictures and information and can share that with us, allowing us to go and grow through you.
- Are you a savvy Internet surfer, know where are all the good web sites are? Take us on a tour of them.
- Do you have experience in publishing your own book and are willing to share it? Or perhaps producing your own CD?
It's not necessary that you be an expert in the area that you host, but simply be willing to learn about that topic and guide the Family in obtaining knowledge about it. What's your passion? What brings you joy? Share it in your own online class.
We have several classes already scheduled and you can view them on the class schedule. If you are interested in hosting your own online class, please post below or email me, and we'll get a schedule established that is convenient for you. I'll need a brief description of your class to share with the Family and the date / time you are available to host it.
I'm really looking forward to learning, Teacher!
As always, if you have any questions, i'm right here.
Destee, the below is for your consideration:
Title: GroupThink Project - Group
Meeting Time: (10:00AM to 11:00AM Eastern)
Location: Voice Chat
Day: (Thursday)....: October 14, 2008(Kick-Off)Even Information:
Current standing members are:
A007....................................Group Think/Thread Starter
Jahari Kavi...........................Group Think
Clyde C. Coger, Jr..................Group Think/Organizer
Group Objective: (GroupThink) The Group identifies that, “a state of ignorance,” is the central cause of post modern racism. And to that end seeks to disclose and reverse the “state of ignorance” with truth and education.
Format/Discipline: Utilizing Voice Chat, plans and goals will be reached through group consensus, by note-taking and factual research, achieving the Objective. Mic flow will be from bottom/up, following proper Chat Room protocols. GroupThink participants are not expected to hold private chats nor indulge in texting while in GroupThink
Discipline: Robert Rules of Order (as a guide)
Group Size: To be effective, a limit of five(5) members, at any one live session, participating in GroupThink is permissible. Currently, one(1) vacancy exists. Coger will act as Editor pending Writspirit’s jury duty status, and Sister river's decision to join the Group.
Process and Development: Factual material, researched and settled by group consensus, will be tracked to and edited in the Thread: What is the Origin of Racism, until the Objective is achieved.
Final Product/Desteee.com exclusive rights:
A published document which reveals the Origin of Racism
A perpetual Newsletter