Group Think : Group Think Progress Reports/Feedback

Discussion in 'Group Think Project-Group' started by river, Oct 20, 2008.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Could you change the time for the meeting til after two o'clock?

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

river,

I do not think so river, and here is why; sort of a late notice, but from the first meeting, I quickly found out from Destee that adjusting or changing the set scheduled time was something that neither she nor Zulile would be willing to do. Originally, I wanted flexible time schedules, but now understand the difficulty it imposes.

If I knew what else I could help you with, maybe I could satisfy your need for the 2:00 change. Example, was there something specific you wanted to say or present, if so, give it to me and I will do it for you.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Clyde Coger ... i'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't mean to make it sound like we are not willing to change the time for you and your group. We are more than willing to do that. We understand that there will be changes / adjustments / etc., and are here to help in every way we can.

What i said we are not willing to do, is to change the time of the meeting every week. I thought you said it might change every week. That would be a bit much for us to keep up with, as all the other classes have set times.

But please, don't let that keep you and the other Members of the Group from getting together, deciding together, on a time that would be convenient for most or all, and let us know that ... we'll change it for you.

We just don't want to do it every week.

Is that better Brother?

:heart:

Destee

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Sister Destee,

From what I read, you have the perfect understanding of what I wanted, and that was to change the time weekly. I am convinced of the difficulty that weekly time changing would create, and so far, the main group, is okay with the current time schedule.

I also understand your willingness to accomodate time changes on a limited basis. However, in this particular case of time change, the lateness of the request did not allow sufficient time to alert all involved, and I decided to maintain the current time period.

You have my word that any time changes to our present slot will be kept, as far as practicable, to a bare minium. What we have discussed here provides an understanding to any future requests for time changes, and I thank you!

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Okay Brother Clyde ... just wanted to be sure we were together.

I've created a forum for your group, and it can be found in the Teacher's Lounge ... labeled ... Origin of Racism Group.

I've already moved the original What is the Origin of Racism Thread, to that forum.

I will move this one to that forum as well, along with the Current Discussion Thread.

I'm believing this will help you all, with being able to communicate more efficiently together. Having a place where all the discussions, questions, etc., surrounding the effort, can be easily found.

If you have additioinal threads that you'd like me to move there, just give me a link to it, and i'll do it.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Thank you so much Capricorn Lady,

This bundling, if you will, of all relevant threads is ideal. Only Destee(or someone that cares about me) could have formulated such a perfect solution making my job so much easier:), thank you Sweetheart!

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    You are so very welcome Brother Clyde Coger !!! :love:

Destee

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Thank you Sister Destee

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Clyde ... you posted the following in the shout box ... but i think it would be much easier for us to communicate in a thread ... than in the shoutbox ... so i'm copying your request here ... hoping to get more clarification ...

Destee, I need your help with a cut and paste from the Plan page to the link found on the calendar, which is located on the Discussion Forums Page. Go to the What is the Origin of Racism - Group thread, and cut and paste the updates found in Post #1 to the above mentioned link on the calendar. Updates are critical to anyone viewing the link before entering Chat.(painstaking, I have made the directions, as clear as possible)

I'm not sure what you are asking me to do.

You've referenced several pages, without giving me a link to any, making it hard for me to follow.

Please Help! :)

Thanks a Bunch!

Destee

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Clyde ... i think it would be good too ... for you to create threads in this forum, for all of your Group Members to see and comment on, rather than trying to post to everyone's profile page ... removing the need to repeat the same information several times.

The Calendar Page isn't meant to be updated regularly, though occasional updates are fine.

It should only hold the outline of the class, while the inner-workings, updates, etc., can all be found in this forum.

I will even change the Calendar Page ... so that it links to this forum.

Just some food for thought.

Destee