African Traditional Religion : GROUND RULES

kemetkind

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 8, 2005
Ground Rules

Our initial purpose is collective spiritual and educational enlightenment.

We will undoubtedly engage in spirited discussion, but we will maintain that discussion with the highest regard and respect for each other.

No belief system is beyond analysis here, and personal assaults of any form are not welcome.

Should our momentum lead us towards it, we may embark on a secondary purpose of an anthology which syncretizes the work to take place here.

With the above purpose in mind, we will make a practice of completing whatever prayer/meditation/libation required to ensure our minds and spirit are aligned prior to posting.

From the collection of tremendous minds here, tremendous deeds can be accomplished.

I will co-sign on this.

I'd like to add an inscription from a temple in Kemet

That which is revealed to you ceases to be a mystery only to you.

This is espcially true of African spiritual systems which are not based on revelations given to one person who indoctrinates the whole world. The ability of our 'Creator to communicate with us is limitless and without confinement of any kind. So an eclectic, non dogmatic approach such as we are about to embark on will in itself put a touch of our common African heritage in everthing we undertake to study.

kemetkind said:
Ground Rules

Our initial purpose is collective spiritual and educational enlightenment.

We will undoubtedly engage in spirited discussion, but we will maintain that discussion with the highest regard and respect for each other.

No belief system is beyond analysis here, and personal assaults of any form are not welcome.

Should our momentum lead us towards it, we may embark on a secondary purpose of an anthology which syncretizes the work to take place here.

With the above purpose in mind, we will make a practice of completing whatever prayer/meditation/libation required to ensure our minds and spirit are aligned prior to posting.

From the collection of tremendous minds here, tremendous deeds can be accomplished.

Brother Kemetkind ... i agree with all that you've said above.

I'd like to add that our home, this community, has high standards in general, when it comes to our interacting in peaceful and respectful manners. In this particular forum, even more will be required of every participant. Consider it a classroom. Be respectful of each other. If you don't do this, you will not be allowed to particpate in this forum, and possibly in this community.

Perhaps all Members that take part in this forum, should sign (post to this thread) indicating that they have read and agree to the Ground Rules? Word is Bond. Just a suggestion.

:heart:

Destee

Seems quite limited in my OPINION. How about past African beliefs reaching the New World and practices.

Santaria, Yoruba (now and then), Congo spirituality, New Orleans voo doo, Gullah beliefs (hoo doo), superstitions (past and present) etc.

Spiritual quotes in African languages, etc

If African traditional is just Egyptian civilization then we miss the other GREATER AMOUNT of African derived SPIRITUAL MATTERS.

Even ones that are RIGHT BENEATH our CLASS WINDOWS VIEW of the WORLD.

I have a feeling this will be as DIVIDED as the CHURCH is.

Limited

Oh well.

I am not making any suggesting to ACCOMODATE but anything is better than NOTHING I suppose.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back