Black Entertainment : Grey’s Anatomy star Isaiah Washington has entered rehab for gay remarks

dandan

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 8, 2006
Grey’s Anatomy star Isaiah Washington has entered a residential treatment facility in an effort to quell the controversy surrounding his anti-gay remarks — and save his job, Life & Style has learned exclusively.

According to an insider, Isaiah, who issued an apology for his statements on Jan. 18, agreed to undergo a psychological assessment after talks with ABC executives.

The married 43-year-old father of three was spotted entering the facility at 9 a.m. today (Jan. 24).

And in a statement released today, Isaiah, confirms this saying, “With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling. I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again. I appreciate the fact that I have been given this opportunity and I remain committed to transforming my negative actions into positive results, personally and professionally.”

Isaiah, who plays Dr. Preston Burke on the show, became embroiled in controversy for making a homophobic remark about Grey’s castmate T.R. Knight during an on-set argument last fall. (T.R., 33, publicly announced that he is gay after the incident.) The controversy reignited after the Jan. 15 Golden Globe Awards, at which Isaiah denied ever making the comment — but used the anti-gay slur in his denial.

“ABC has told him he must enter a program to examine why he would say such hateful words,” the insider says.

Meanwhile, during an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Jan. 17, T.R. confirmed what Isaiah had said last fall — and expressed surprise at his co-star’s attempted denial.

Isaiah issued his apology the next day, saying, “I can neither defend nor explain my behavior. I can also no longer deny to myself that there are issues I obviously need to examine within my own soul, and I’ve asked for help.”

Isaiah’s cast mates have been vocal about the controversy. “I feel really sad,” Kate Walsh has said. “I just trust that our show will deal with it in the way it sees fit.”

Katherine Heigl called the situation “tense,” adding, “I think it’ll work out and I’m hopeful that it’s handled properly.”

Reps for Isaiah and ABC were not immediately available for comment.

http://www.********.org/2007/01/24/...s-anatomy-sent-to-rehab-for-anti-gay-remarks/

what do yyou think?
MICHEAL RICHARDS DID NOT GO TO REHAB
I DO NOT GET THIS:rolleyes:

dandan said:
Grey’s Anatomy star Isaiah Washington has entered a residential treatment facility in an effort to quell the controversy surrounding his anti-gay remarks — and save his job, Life & Style has learned exclusively.

According to an insider, Isaiah, who issued an apology for his statements on Jan. 18, agreed to undergo a psychological assessment after talks with ABC executives.

The married 43-year-old father of three was spotted entering the facility at 9 a.m. today (Jan. 24).

And in a statement released today, Isaiah, confirms this saying, “With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling. I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again. I appreciate the fact that I have been given this opportunity and I remain committed to transforming my negative actions into positive results, personally and professionally.”

Isaiah, who plays Dr. Preston Burke on the show, became embroiled in controversy for making a homophobic remark about Grey’s castmate T.R. Knight during an on-set argument last fall. (T.R., 33, publicly announced that he is gay after the incident.) The controversy reignited after the Jan. 15 Golden Globe Awards, at which Isaiah denied ever making the comment — but used the anti-gay slur in his denial.

“ABC has told him he must enter a program to examine why he would say such hateful words,” the insider says.

Meanwhile, during an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Jan. 17, T.R. confirmed what Isaiah had said last fall — and expressed surprise at his co-star’s attempted denial.

Isaiah issued his apology the next day, saying, “I can neither defend nor explain my behavior. I can also no longer deny to myself that there are issues I obviously need to examine within my own soul, and I’ve asked for help.”

Isaiah’s cast mates have been vocal about the controversy. “I feel really sad,” Kate Walsh has said. “I just trust that our show will deal with it in the way it sees fit.”

Katherine Heigl called the situation “tense,” adding, “I think it’ll work out and I’m hopeful that it’s handled properly.”

http://www.********.org/2007/01/24/...s-anatomy-sent-to-rehab-for-anti-gay-remarks/

what do yyou think?

There is nothing to 'get'; obviously money is more important to the man than his integrity....this is all damage control, and he is letting The Jews make a fool out of him....I've been in similar situation when i was in the States... one of the BLACK women i worked with overheard me saying that i don't like white people....she reported me to the Head Nurse; who gave me two options, take a anger management class, or risk losing my job....I refused (of course, I'm African wth is anger management?) to take the class, nor did i take back what i said, i explained the reason why i made the assertions, and also explained to her that the woman in question, heard only a portion of the conversation.....anyways to make the long story short she gave me 30 days to take the anger management class which i refused...so i had to quit....this is just another form of control over us, most people are scared of losing their jobs..having no money e.tc. they know this, and they use it, i think he meant what he said, and no stinking therapy is going to make him change his opinion of gays........anything that can be used to control you wether money, job e.t.c is detrimental to your spiritual growth..they do not control the world, nor your fate, they only make you think they do...that is why; all this material stuff that we long after, is all an illusion......

dandan said:

what do yyou think?

2007 and brother still being lynched, albeit a high tech one. The heterphobes won this round, because we didnt support him :pool: :bowl: :darts:

:horse:

Amnat77 said:
There is nothing to 'get'; obviously money is more important to the man than his integrity....this is all damage control, and he is letting The Jews make a fool out of him....I've been in similar situation when i was in the States... one of the BLACK women i worked with overheard me saying that i don't like white people....she reported me to the Head Nurse; who gave me two options, take a anger management class, or risk losing my job....I refused (of course, I'm African wth is anger management?) to take the class, nor did i take back what i said, i explained the reason why i made the assertions, and also explained to her that the woman in question, heard only a portion of the conversation.....anyways to make the long story short she gave me 30 days to take the anger management class which i refused...so i had to quit....this is just another form of control over us, most people are scared of losing their jobs..having no money e.tc. they know this, and they use it, i think he meant what he said, and no stinking therapy is going to make him change his opinion of gays........anything that can be used to control you wether money, job e.t.c is detrimental to your spiritual growth..they do not control the world, nor your fate, they only make you think they do...that is why; all this material stuff that we long after, is all an illusion......

:darts: :darts: :darts:

str8 wisdom all in this post Post sister Amnat (whoops).

PEACE

Kemetstry said:
2007 and brother still being lynched, albeit a high tech one. The heterphobes won this round, because we didnt support him :pool: :bowl: :darts:

:horse:

I disagree ' man know thy self' if he would have stood behind his statement, rather that take the easy way out, and save face...i think more of us(true soldiers) would have been behind him.....i liked the brother and his work, but now?........my belief system is simple, say what you mean, and mean what you say...anything else is just pretentious.....i don't trust anyone who contradicts themselves, or those who say: 'oh, i didn't mean it, it was said out of anger' nonsense, once you verbalize something, it goes out into the universe, and cannot be taken back....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back