Black Sports : Green vs. Codrington boxing match

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by panafrica, Jul 22, 2006.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
  2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    That was a great knock out. I saw Allen Green fight this past Friday on FNF. The brotha is bad. He still has a little ways to go. But, I think he'll be ready in a year or two for bigger fights.

He learned a valuable lesson about being prepared for any fighter. He was knocked down and almost knocked out by a white guy he used to spar with. He took him for granted and he almost got knocked out..which would have been the biggest upset in boxing history. Well, almost the biggest upset in boxing history. Tyson losing to Buster Douglas is the biggest upset in boxing to me. That and Roy Jones, Jr. getting knocked out in the second round of his second fight with Antonio Tarver. You just didn't see it coming.

There was another sweet knockout in the match before the Mosley/Vargas fight. Daniel Ponce De Leon knocked out Thailand's Sod Looknongyangtoy. Pan, if you can find this knock out from that fight, you'll see a great knock out. It was unexpected and awesome. Sod was spread eagle on the floor as if he was sleeping. :lol:

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I'll be on the look out for sure!

4. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Yeah, Green looked pretty good against Bosante...but you know me, I liked what JT had to say about him after the fight..."I look forward to seein him..."