Black Entertainment : Greatest Rappers(2pac and Big)

I hear you on this one. I'm tired of hearing about both of them (especially Tupac). I hate seeing Tupac posters and memorabilia next to Bob Marley's stuff too. He wasn't even on the same level. He did nothing good for anyone. He was a hypocrite, he was not a hero. He was not a prophet. He's not a role model. He was a rapper whose mouth got him in trouble. Let it go already. He's not an icon. Biggie was just a good rapper..not the best though. Jay-Z is better than both of them and he's not even the best.

I must say that I’m a bit disappointed in this thread and some of the responses that have been posted on it. On one hand I do recognize that memory of both of these distinguished rappers has been entirely too commercialized (that point I don’t argue). But the bottom line is that both of Big and Pac touched people. You may not have liked what they had to say in their lyrics or how they lived their personal lives but recognize that there are thousands of fans (myself included) who still miss them a lot.

I think it’s tragic that opportunist like Puffy, Suge, and especially Michael Eric Dyson have profited heavily at Biggie’s and Pac’s expense.

However, I think its fly that UC Berkeley and Harvard have offered classes on the life and work of Tupac.

Just my opinion.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I like some of their songs, and they have done alot for Hip-Hop/ Rap, but people make too much of it in my opinion. Would they still be this admired and looked up to if they hadn't died? I think the whole fact that they were murdered makes it seem so much more important. I think they were talented brothas who made some great music, but that's about it. They aren't legends in my eyes. In my opinion, Black Thought of "The Roots" is the best rapper of all-time. I say that because he speaks on many different topics, his delivery is crazy and he's an intelligent brotha on top of that. Maybe if he gets gunned down he'll finally get his props. I do think that they have been exploited by people after their death, and maybe that has alot to do with it, but I still think that they were just rappers and not people that anyone should idolize and think extra highly of. It seems like sometimes we are just dying to find someone to idolize.

who is the best ?
how do we difine who is best ?
many see it in different ways and some feel Tupac is one of the best rappers
kool mo dee was a great rapper LL cool J , easy E , dougie fresh some ole skool
rappers who was tyte and has been said to be icon rappers and best
but who really is the best Rapper ?

I didn't think the thread was going to get like this.
I love everyones responses and I have the answer for you Rich....
The best rappers are the ones who are really doing it because they feel it in their heart,not just for the easy money and fame.
Pac and Big were o.k. to me, and even though I wasn't born and raised back in the day...I still like the ole school rappers.Right now Kanye and Jay would be my pick,but we'll never know whose the best.
The music icons all of them from Left Eye to Pac is dead I just say get over it and flow on............ :wave:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back