Black Entertainment : Greatest Rappers(2pac and Big)

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by SensualReality, May 16, 2004.

1. SensualReality

SensualReality Well-Known Member MEMBER

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know I'ma prolly get yelled at for this question,but......
    Don't you all think it's time to let go of Tupac and Biggie?
    I mean yea of course they were labled"The Best Rappers"
    Personally I like their music,but I do believe it's time to stop.....dang do they have a holiday?

2. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    i aint yellin

Sister, I feel that Biggie and Tupac were NOT the "best" rappers. Tupac, however, was one of the most influential. Biggie was good but the only reason that he got the hype that he did (and still does) is because he was killed while he was in his prime.

And they were NOT assasinated. Gosh. They were shot while the media made them and their little beef into something it wasn't. That's not assasination.

Both of them will be missed but goodness, ain't nobody given them a chance to be missed yet. You can miss them but don't worship them. Aaliyah was just a famous and well known but she ain't even getting half the hype that they're getting.

If people are going to make anything out of constantly bringing them up, at least remind the people about what petty quarrels do to folk, especially friends cuz they used to be boys. If you're gunna talk about em and emulate them at least learn from them.

And if people yell...so what. You have just as much right to yell each time Biggie and Pac are brought up again and again and again and again......

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    they was good rappers indeed but not the best when it come to ole skool rappers
    and sure the hype should less and let these guys rest in peace what about
    all the other rappers gone they made an impact on the music world too
    i agree time to let go now

4. Antar

Antar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    Naw sis i don't know why
    they don't have a holiday

wonda...))(__?

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    rakim is still the best rapper of all time to me...
    one love
    khasm

6. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I hear you on this one. I'm tired of hearing about both of them (especially Tupac). I hate seeing Tupac posters and memorabilia next to Bob Marley's stuff too. He wasn't even on the same level. He did nothing good for anyone. He was a hypocrite, he was not a hero. He was not a prophet. He's not a role model. He was a rapper whose mouth got him in trouble. Let it go already. He's not an icon. Biggie was just a good rapper..not the best though. Jay-Z is better than both of them and he's not even the best.

7. diakonos

diakonos Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I must say that I’m a bit disappointed in this thread and some of the responses that have been posted on it. On one hand I do recognize that memory of both of these distinguished rappers has been entirely too commercialized (that point I don’t argue). But the bottom line is that both of Big and Pac touched people. You may not have liked what they had to say in their lyrics or how they lived their personal lives but recognize that there are thousands of fans (myself included) who still miss them a lot.

I think it’s tragic that opportunist like Puffy, Suge, and especially Michael Eric Dyson have profited heavily at Biggie’s and Pac’s expense.

However, I think its fly that UC Berkeley and Harvard have offered classes on the life and work of Tupac.

Just my opinion.

8. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I mean, don't get me wrong. I like some of their songs, and they have done alot for Hip-Hop/ Rap, but people make too much of it in my opinion. Would they still be this admired and looked up to if they hadn't died? I think the whole fact that they were murdered makes it seem so much more important. I think they were talented brothas who made some great music, but that's about it. They aren't legends in my eyes. In my opinion, Black Thought of "The Roots" is the best rapper of all-time. I say that because he speaks on many different topics, his delivery is crazy and he's an intelligent brotha on top of that. Maybe if he gets gunned down he'll finally get his props. I do think that they have been exploited by people after their death, and maybe that has alot to do with it, but I still think that they were just rappers and not people that anyone should idolize and think extra highly of. It seems like sometimes we are just dying to find someone to idolize.

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    who is the best ?
    how do we difine who is best ?
    many see it in different ways and some feel Tupac is one of the best rappers
    kool mo dee was a great rapper LL cool J , easy E , dougie fresh some ole skool
    rappers who was tyte and has been said to be icon rappers and best
    but who really is the best Rapper ?

10. SensualReality

SensualReality Well-Known Member MEMBER

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    I didn't think the thread was going to get like this.
    I love everyones responses and I have the answer for you Rich....
    The best rappers are the ones who are really doing it because they feel it in their heart,not just for the easy money and fame.
    Pac and Big were o.k. to me, and even though I wasn't born and raised back in the day...I still like the ole school rappers.Right now Kanye and Jay would be my pick,but we'll never know whose the best.
    The music icons all of them from Left Eye to Pac is dead I just say get over it and flow on............ :wave: