Black History Culture : Great Zimbabwe, Africa's Great Ruin (Egypt isn't Africa's only wonder)

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Jun 28, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.theculturedtraveler.com/Heritage/Archives/Zimbabwe.htm

2. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    And we spend most of our time fighting over who the Egyptians were. Would love to see how they will spin this history.

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I'll tell you how they spin this history. Ask 100 people if they've heard of Egypt's pyramids, and all 100 will say: Yes! Then ask 100 people if they've heard of the great stone city of Zimbabwe, and all 100 will look at you with a blank expression on their faces....great spin huh?

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62

Brothers, call me sensitive, but this quote struck me as part of the spin you gentlemen are referring to:

But it was easily the most massive. No structure as large as it has ever been built south of the Sahara by indigenous people. On a continent that has always been hobbled by disease, the lack of good ports and navigable rivers, and a scarcity of domesticable plants and animals, it is the closest thing to a Chichen Itza, ancient Rome or Great Wall that sub-Saharan Africa has.

A lack of navigable rivers...a scarcity of domesticable plants and animals???!!! And on the CONTINENT it says, not Southern Africa - the CONTINENT! That's utter nonsense!(smile!)

Then to compare Great Zimbabwe to Stonehenge, as if Kemetian civilization does not evolve out of other older Eastern and Sudanic Civilizations is typical ignorant white boy talk... I get so worked up reading their perpetuation of centuries old ignorance and lies... Let me take my leave, brothers...(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    You are right Isaiah, those are ignorant assertions. I posted this article because information on the Great Stone City of Zimbabwe is rare. However, I'm looking for information on this amazing place written by "us". There is also a submerged city in West Africa (Ghana I believe) that I'm looking for.