Black People : Grandparent Rights.....

spicybrown

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 21, 2005
Hello, family:love: . I was chatting with my mother recently. Our conversation went sour when she told me she wanted to have my daughter "blessed" at her local Christian church. This is something I wouldn't do to my own daughter based upon my own beliefs. At one point she got to mentioning how little girls were being kidnapped, hurt on the daily, and "threatened" to have my daughter baptized to save her. No disrespect to the believers of the Christian faith, but I believe this process let's Blacks believe there is not a care in the world, "long az I gots Jesus". I am the first person to break this cycle in my family, not from having atheist feelings, but I gather these feelings based on the necessity of people being self-sufficient, and responsible for one's own actions, not by relying on religion. I would like for my mother to be in her grand-daughters life, but I can't stand the fact that she threatened to go there against my wishes. What y'all think? What would y'all do. I have an idea as to what to do, but need a little advice. Should a grand-parent have a right to put their grandchildren through such a ritual?, let alone control of their grandchildren?

Even though Grandparents mean well and helpful
there love for that child or children is untouched
but if this not the faith or what you want for her at this
time then mom should respect your wish.................

No grandparents shouldn't do this or force this upon a child
or against your wish as the mother or father of that child.....

At 5yrs old I was baptised catholic and went to a catholic school based on my grandmothers beliefs.She was the first one to teach me how to pray.
I do not follow the catholic religion as I am more faith bound and spiritual as an adult.If you don't want her to that's fine, God will follow her either way if she believes. My grandmothers been gone now for 15yrs and I don't regret her baptising me, it was a great memory and experience because I loved everything about her whether I agreed or not!

$$RICH$$ said:
Even though Grandparents mean well and helpful
there love for that child or children is untouched
but if this not the faith or what you want for her at this
time then mom should respect your wish.................

No grandparents shouldn't do this or force this upon a child
or against your wish as the mother or father of that child.....

I AGREE WITH YOU BROTHER $$RICH$$

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back