Black Short Stories : Grandmother's Love

nevar

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 19, 2005
I'm a Georgia Peach!!!!
Occupation
working to own my plus size empire.....
My stories is this I came to live with my grandmother because my parents died in wreck along time ago. My grandmother basically have taken care of me since the age of eight. My name is Aieral I'm a straight A student and on honor roll. My grandmother didn't have alot but her being there for me was enough. She worked very hard for me made sure I had the best. Even though I didn't have name brand clothes I was still clean. So I decided to work to make up for what Grandma Rose couldn't do. After work we would sit down to have our fish fry on Friday's. Grandma Rose became gravely sick and I had to take care of her. I didn't mind because of the sacrifice she made for me. She had a doctor appointment and told me she would catch up with me later. It four more days to graduation and I can't wait to graduate from high school. She had asked me what I wanted for my present. So while she was gone to the doctor, I went to the mall. I found the prettiest diamond necklace heart shaped. So I grabbed the brochure and hurried back home. I got there all excited and I walked in to see a big dinner on the table. I'm like what is going on did someone died. She had urged
me to close the door and come on in to eat. Man we had everything you can imagine it was divine. (Grandma Rose) hey suga found your gift for graduation. (Aieral) yes and here it is. I seen the look on her face and the smile was a smirk. She layed the paper down and went into the kitchen. I picked it up and realized it was for 200 dollars. How can I be so stupid on not checking the price. I hope I didn't hurt her feelings. She came back with her big smile and didn't say a word. (Aieral) so what did the doctor say grandma. (Grandma Rose) nothing to worry you just old age settling in. Go ahead and eat what God has blessed us. We ate and I kissed her goodnight. It's now the night before graduation and grandma isn't doing well. I wanted her so badly to go to the hospital but as always she refused. She reassured me it was just a flu and not to worry. She wanted me to go try on my dress. We stayed up all night and then she kissed me goodnignt. And told me she loved me always. It's graduation day and I noticed no breakfast maybe grandma sleeping in late. So I told her goodbye and that I'll see her at the stadium later. I hung out with friends and I called to check on her and no answer. Maybe she's getting ready man I can't wait. It's now graduation time and the place is crowded. I'm looking all over for her and I don't see her nowhere. How can I it was too crowded I know she won't miss it for the world. He called my name and I looked up in the sky and said "This for you ma and dad." It felt good having that piece of paper with my name somewhere amongst the shout I know she happy. We threw up our hats and I notice my auntie crying. I was so choked up because she was crying so hard. (Aieral) what's wrong Auntie you act like I died of something chill out. (Auntie) no honey it's mama she passed away this morning while you was gone. We found a letter stating not to let you know unitl after graduation. I was so torn from hearing the news that she passed that I just knelt down. My whole world just collasped before me all I wanted to do was leave. So we left and then Auntie reached in her glove department and gave me a gift with a letter. She took me home and said she will be back later to square things up. I went into an empty shell and preceeded to open the letter. It was a letter from Grandma Rose telling me how sick she was and that I will be taken care of for the rest of my life. She had left me a good amount of money and the house. All of this didn't matter I wanted her. So I opened the gift and in it was the necklace I wanted. The tears just came pouring nonstop. I couldn't believe that she done it. I felt so bad that I couldn't tell her thankyou. I pulled out the card and it read. To my little Aieral may all your dreams come true from Grandma Rose with love. I love my Grandmother for being there for me up until the end. Everything she did for me was out of a Grandmother's Love.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back