Audio Video Web Conferencing : Grandmaster Flash feat. Sha Rock -

Discussion in 'Audio Video Web Conferencing' started by info-moetry, Jan 9, 2012.

1. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
  2. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,899
    Sha Rock was one of the most advanced female rappers of her time. Light years ahead of the rest IMO.

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

Without a doubt, she was putting guys to shame.......

4. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,899
    She had a high MC I.Q., She was before her time.

5. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,899
    I was told that although GW Theodore used to out battle Flash, the funky four + 1 (which includes sha-rock) was no match for the furious five. How true is that? Thanks

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Not quite sure as i know they used to do their thing in the parks across the boroughs...... If anything i would say that the brothers and sisters who never made a name in the industry were the one's back then taking people out.

In regards to the furious 5, they were basically untouchable on the rhyming tip because even if Rahiem, Cowboy, Kid Creole, or Scorpio couldn't hold it down there was one more dude named Melle Mel that not even Kool Moe Dee could touch.....

The 'battles' back then were all about peac & love as well as sound clashes (dj's battling) until Rappers delight came out......

7. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,899
    That as always been a problem people with no "name" not getting play, just like the NBA doesn't have the best players out there.

I respect mel, met him 2 twice once in the late eighties and again in the early nineties he's was real to me, both times we had a one on one convo.
    In the early nineties I met Duke Bootee and Kid Creole in front of 55 W125th st. They were cool too, engaged me in convo.

So true. It was music and girls. Rap wasn't angry back then. Also I hear alot of people say rappers delight is the first rap record. I kinda agreed, but I said I don't think it's the first record with rap on it though. I said that goes to the fatback band and the song king tim the 3rd. What's your opinion on that.

8. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

that's the first time i heard that joint. Thanks

As far as who the first 'rapper' was, i think we would have to turn to what is now called R&B for that and talk to the spirit of a man called James Brown.......who heavily influenced the origins of Hip Hop music because he is one of the main artists records that DJ Kool Herc was using......

Can't forget Granpa Bam either......... he was doing the same. "Soul Power"

If they played that right now in a jam in the Bx i guarantee you everyone there would start wilin' out but there'd be NO VIOLENCE! Why? Because the sub-concious knows when respect is due when it hears that beat/vibe/drum/base with positive lyrics flowing over it, it takes you to another frequency no matter what era you were born in......

Ck out the album covers of Earth, wind and fire as well as their lyrics from back in the day ...........they were saying the same thing as some of our scholars back then... I wasn't around then, but as i became concious i used to dj a little here and there and my family would bring records by that they wanted me to play and some of them had Earth, wind and fire records and i would just stare at the cover and knew i had to play it to see what they were talking about just because of what i just saw.......

peace

9. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,899
    Yea I'm not even trying to go there with first rapper, because the first rapper may not even got a deal. James Brown was a big influence, some say Gil Scott. , I say Ali had a hand into too. Somebody said put that "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" to a beat. lol

Yes those earth wind and fire album covers were deep. I just had no idea how deep. You could not look at them without FEELING SOMETHING deep in the core of your spirit. I was a kid and those covers were hitting me like that. Imagine.