Black Positive People : Government Shutdown 2011 Shut Down

Proverbs31Woman

Be kinder than necessary!
May 15, 2010
AZ
.......Okay Proverbs31Woman, found a comparable link and modified my original post accordingly, please review. Also, its very strange to find the identical link again(still not working), but could not find the original words first quoted...hmmmmm.

Many thanks Clyde for you diligence in following through!

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Yes this s a wonderful opportunity for the first black president to show the wolrd that he cares more about the folks who voted him into office, and the American pulbic in general,

more then the Military Industrial Complex and

stop all 4 wars
As Commander and Chief he has the power to do that, with out asking or debating with anyone

that would cut 97% of the deficit right there

The other 3 percent would be to cut corporate welfare, and the set asides for nuclear energy producers, off shore drillers, and coal mining companies,
and Mother Eath would definatly be pleased about that

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
......Wow, thanks for the Thank You sister cherryblossom, looks like no one cares about our first Black President dodging yet another bullet:toast:....Peace In my sister friend, for real straight-talk.

Well, my "Thank You" was specifically for you sharing the information.

But, ultimately, IMO, it is the American people who "dodged the bullet."

Moreover, I am interested in what "Budget Cuts" were agreed upon to avoid the shutdown.

An even greater decrease in funding for Education and Health Care more than military spending (or none at all) does not bode well for our children and our Elders.

In order to avoid the shutdown, they opted to "borrow/steal from Peter to pay Paul."

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Yes this s a wonderful opportunity for the first black president to show the wolrd that he cares more about the folks who voted him into office, and the American pulbic in general,

more then the Military Industrial Complex and

stop all 4 wars
As Commander and Chief he has the power to do that, with out asking or debating with anyone

that would cut 97% of the deficit right there

The other 3 percent would be to cut corporate welfare, and the set asides for nuclear energy producers, off shore drillers, and coal mining companies,
and Mother Eath would definatly be pleased about that

.......Good points I can agree with.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

Well, my "Thank You" was specifically for you sharing the information.

But, ultimately, IMO, it is the American people who "dodged the bullet."

Moreover, I am interested in what "Budget Cuts" were agreed upon to avoid the shutdown.

An even greater decrease in funding for Education and Health Care more than military spending (or none at all) does not bode well for our children and our Elders.

In order to avoid the shutdown, they opted to "borrow/steal from Peter to pay Paul."

.......Yes, I agree sister cherryblossom, there is a two-fold issue on the table, the future political life of our first black President and the current economical plight of American citizenry; as the former goes, so goes the latter, both dodging bullets.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: