Black People : GOVERNMENT & COMPUTER MFGS. CAUGHT INSTALLING......

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by deepy, Oct 6, 2005.

1. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    I don't know what i am supose to do so that you can see the photos as well as the attachments...if someone explains it to me I will put it up again with all the info on it...especially the Letter from HomeLand Security

GOVERNMENT AND COMPUTER MANUFACTURERS CAUGHT INSTALLING HARD-WIRED KEYSTROKE LOGGERS INTO ALL NEW LAPTOP COMPUTERS!
    Devices capture everything you ever type, then can send it via your ethernet card to the Dept. of Homeland Security without your knowledge, consent or a search warrant each time you log onto the internet!
    Freedom Of Information Act Requests For Explanation From DHS, refused.

I was opening up my almost brand new laptop, to replace a broken PCMCIA slot riser on the motherboard. As soon as I got the keyboard off, I noticed a small cable running from the keyboard connection underneath a piece of metal protecting the motherboard.

I figured "No Big Deal", and continued with the dissasembly. But when I got the metal panels off, I saw a small white heatshink-wrapped package. Being ever-curious, I sliced the heatshrink open. I found a little circuit board inside.

Being an EE by trade, this piqued my curiosity considerably. On one side of the board, one Atmel <http://www.atmel.com/> *AT45D041A <http://www.atmel.com/atmel/postscript/first_page/doc1496a.gif> *four megabit Flash memory chip.

On the other side, one Microchip Technology <http://www.microchip.com/> *PIC16F876 <http://www.microchip.com/10/Lit/PICmicro/16F87X/30292/index1.htm> *Programmable Interrupt Controller, along with a little Fairchild Semiconductor <http://www.fairchildsemi.com/> *CD4066BCM <http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/CD/CD4066BC.html> *quad bilateral switch.

Looking further, I saw that the other end of the cable was connected to the integrated ethernet board.

What could this mean? I called the manufacturer's tech support about it, and they said, and I quote, "The intregrated service tag identifier is there for assisting customers in the event of lost or misplaced personal information." He then hung up.

A little more research, and I found that that board spliced in between the keyboard and the ethernet chip is little more than a Keyghost <http://www.keyghost.com/> *hardware keylogger.

The reasons a computer manufacturer would put this in their laptops can only be left up to your imagination. It would be very impractical to hand-anylze the logs, and very CPU-intensive to do so on a computer for every person that purchased a laptop. Why are these keyloggers here? I recently almost found out.

I called the police, as having a keylogger unknown to me in my laptop is a serious offense. They told me to call the Department of Homeland Security. At this point, I am in disbelief. Why would the DHS have a keylogger in my laptop? It was surreal.

So I called them, and they told me to submit a Freedom of Information Act request. This is what I got back: .

Under the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) the only items exempt from public disclosure are items relating to "law enforcement tools and techniques" and "items relating to national security."

The real life implications of this are plain: Computer manufacturers appear to be cooperating with the Department of Homeland Security to make every person who buys a new computer subject to immediate, unrestricted government recording of everything they do on those computers! EVERYTHING!

This information can be sent to DHS, online, without your knowledge or consent, without a search warrant or even probable cause! That's why this device is hard-wired directly into the ethernet card, which communicates over the internet!

I am not certain how long this information will be permitted to remain online for all the world to see before the government takes some type of action to attempt to have it removed from public view. I URGE you to take copy of this page immediately and spread this information to everyone you know immediately! The more people who find out about this, the more can protect themselves and raise a HUGE outcry to force government and computer manufacturers to immediately CEASE installing these devices in new computers!

------ End of Forwarded Message

Attachments

Attachment scanning provided by:

if (window.yzq_a == null) document.write("<scr" + "ipt type=text/javascript src=http://us.js1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/lib/bc/bc_1.7.0.js></scr" + "ipt>");
    if (window.yzq_a)
    {
    yzq_a('p', 'P=qsl0o86.Jhz0lvDkQxKE5QBlRmsqRENFsJkABwER&T=13qj0lpgo%2fX%3d1128640665%2fE%3d150500004%2fR%3dmail%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d1.1%2fW%3d8%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1685893134%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d5427BECE');
    yzq_a('a', '&U=136o3449l%2fN%3dR2WHi9htdh0-%2fC%3d282940.5285557.6393238.5102359%2fD%3dC%2fB%3d2271944');
    }

Files:

homelandletter.png (43k)
    Save to Computer - Save to Yahoo! Briefcase

Photos:

Save to Computer
    Save to Yahoo! Photos

thingy0240.jpg(45k) [View]

Save to Computer
    Save to Yahoo! Photos

thingy1320.jpg(10k) [View]

Save to Computer
    Save to Yahoo! Photos

thingy3320.jpg(14k) [View]

Save to Computer
    Save to Yahoo! Photos

thingy2160.jpg(7k) [View]

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow that's heavy and no secret the Government acts to
    tap inside for every thing done on puters......

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    i would not be suprised...govermental intelligence is a bush priority...eventhough you would never know by the whole weapons of mass destruction thing....

one love
    khasm

4. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +599
    BIG BROTHER IS HERE!

Where did this happen brother?

Though I am not surprised, I would have expected a bit more subtlety.

Orisons

5. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
  6. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

oh boy, another white person.

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Its not the fact he's white so much as the manner in which he appears and starts dissing our Sister.

8. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

True, for that matter, when has the white man ever respected the black woman

9. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    THE WAY TO COVER A CONSPIRACY IS TO SAY THE SCAM IS A CONSPIRACY.

THERE IS SOFTWARE THAT CAN MONITOR YOUR KEY STROKES. The government is using key stoke programs or something because they are monitoring our computer activity. If not a pc board yet, they can't be far behind on the idea.

I wouldn't put the concept past the government to be in on some type of data logging program.
    ===========
    Software to track your key strokes and for you to inhibit your keystrokes from being tracked. The enemy is on both sides.

http://www.monitoring-software.net/access-monitoring-page2.htm

Ghost Keylogger

Ghost Keylogger is an invisible easy-to-use surveillance tool that records every keystroke to an encrypted log file. The log file can be sent secretly with email to a specified receiver. Ghost Keylogger also monitors the Internet activity by logging the addresses of visited homepages. It monitors time and title of the active application; even text in editboxes and message boxes is captured.

============

=============

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2122941/spam-emails-hide-key-logger-virus

Spam emails hide key logger virus
    Careful what you click on - it could steal your identity

Robert Jaques, vnunet.com 31 Jul 2003

A dangerous strain of 'virus spam' is tricking computer users into allowing serious infections into home and business computer systems, IT experts have warned.

According to industry body The Corporate IT Forum (Tif) virus spam, or 'v-spam', dodges antivirus and firewall systems by tempting users to click on a website link contained in an email which then sends them a virus.

==============

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/001526.html

Computer users attacked by spyware tracking your every key stroke

Computer users and banks are on a heightened security alert over new data showing one in three PCs contain malicious software able to steal bank and customer details.

‘Key loggers’ installed on systems are among the most popular monitoring devices used by hackers this year to trap user key strokes, including usernames, passwords, credit card details and login procedures to financial websites.

Net provider, Earthlink and email company Webroot, said such software is often downloaded onto a user’s system without their knowledge when they access music or software online.

The problem is now so prolific that the Police National Hi-Tech Crime Unit has launched a formal investigation into the trend of monitoring software passing confidential financial data to hackers.

“This software can be used to steal your identity, including your bank details, and it is something we have seen a big increase in over the last few months,” said Felicity Barr of the NHTCU.

10. ImTheWhiteGuy

ImTheWhiteGuy Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    ???

I was encouraging her to post tech articles, even though this one turned out to be incorrect.

Why are you guys so critical when you don't even understand the context of my message?