Black People : Gotta Break This Cycle!

Kiri Davis, Director: "A Girl Like Me"

ok, so i should have done my homework first. searching for "A Girl Like Me" includes a link to the following. also interesting is to just search for "Kiri Davis".

MediaThatMatters Film Festival said:
SIXTH ANNUAL FESTIVAL
A Girl Like Me

7:08 min
Youth Documentary
Kiri Davis, Director, Reel Works Teen Filmmaking, Producer

Winner of the Diversity Award
Sponsored by Third Millennium Foundation
ABOUT THE FILM
More About A Girl Like Me from Director Kiri Davis

For my high-school literature class I was constructing an anthology with a wide range of different stories that I believed reflected the black girl’s experience. For the different chapters, I conducted interviews with a variety of black girls in my high school, and a number of issues surfaced concerning the standards of beauty imposed on today’s black girls and how this affects their self-image. I thought this topic would make an interesting film and so when I was accepted into the Reel Works Teen Filmmaking program, I set out to explore these issues. I also decided to would reconduct the “doll test” initially conducted by Dr. Kenneth Clark, which was used in the historic desegregation case, Brown vs. Board of Education. I thought that by including this experiment in my film, I would shed new light on how society affects black children today and how little has actually changed.

Yes, Bruh. This IS deeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppp

The same thing that caused the arguing back and forth on the forum is the same thing that caused the results in the test conducted in this documentary...RACISM/WHITE SUPREMACY.

There is an ongoing war for the control OUR minds. And, they start very young...before birth...hell, before conception.

smh

Monetary said:
The same thing that caused the arguing back and forth on the forum is the same thing that caused the results in the test conducted in this documentary...RACISM/WHITE SUPREMACY.

There is an ongoing war for the control OUR minds. And, they start very young...before birth...hell, before conception.

smh

Exactly....

It is what is known as The Rape of the Minds.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back