Support : Got dinged for donation twice

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by thePreacher, Jul 3, 2013.

1. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I just attempted to pay $10 non-recurring premium dues for this month. Everything looked normal until the very end, when I usually get a screen confirming the payment from PayPal. This time, instead, I got a screen which at least looked like PayPal saying there was an error and to try again.

So, I decided to try again, but when I got to the Destee screen where you choose monthly non-recurring, monthly recurring, or annual, the button for non-recurring monthly was not even there.

Next, I attempted to pay $10 not as a premium member but just as a donation to help site costs. Got the same message at the very end.

But, note, after all that, I checked my email acct and I had received receipts from PayPal for both payments.

I do not want a refund, not for as trivial an amount as $10. But, imagine if someone attempted to pay the one time $100 annual fee, and keep trying again and again because they kept getting the message to try again.

By the way, I never click a button to pay anything without first checking for the padlock icon in the URL.

2. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Don't give up, it seems to be on paypal not Destee. Don't keep pressing the submit button though. Overpayment.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother thePreacher ... sorry for the confusion, and thanks for not wanting a refund.

I really appreciate your continued support of the community, it helps us so much.

I've made sure that you are covered for 2 months, which you can verify here.

If you have more problems let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee