Destee Network : Got a question.

Hello YeshuJah,

Sorry that it's taken so long to respond to your question. The answer to it depends on how involved you want to become with web site design and development.

If you aren't interested in learning HTML, looking rather for a quick, relatively easy way of making web pages, then I'd recommend you buy FrontPage. While I don't use it, I understand the learning curve is minimal for the novice and it makes a decent web page.

If you want to become a professional web developer, a good one, then you will want to learn HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language). That's the first step in my opinion. There are lots of free tutorials online (simply do a keyword search on "HTML tutorials" in the search engines).

I'd recommend buying a good book to supplement the online information. One of the first books I bought was "Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML 3.2 In a Week", ISBN 1575211920, the author is Laura Lemay and it was published by Sams.net in 1996. Unfortunately, I did a search at Amazon and Barnes & Noble and neither of them even have a record of the ISBN. That was a few years ago and the technology has advanced considerably since then. Also, it took me MUCH longer than a week, so if it takes you longer too, don't fret.

I'm sure there are other similar books that you could purchase. I'd recommend spending some time in a book store (hours) and finding the book that addresses your current level of expertise. There are ones from beginner to expert.

A great text editor to use (which will help familiarize you with HTML) is Arachnophilia, http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/. I began using it in '96 and still use it today ... and it's STILL free! This tool will help you establish a solid foundation in HTML (Notepad will do that too!).

This choice happens to be the one that will require hours and hours of your time. You can start out slowly, doing a little at at time, and if you love what you're doing ... the amount of time you spend doing it will increase quickly (and automatically).

Another option is paying for (expensive) classes. There are many available now, but not when I started. I taught myself and so can you. So be encouraged!

Hope I've answered your question and inspired more. If so, just ask.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back