Black Spirituality Religion : Gospel of Thomas

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
The Gospel of Thomas did not make it into the Canon of what is called scripture today. It is gnostic and esoteric and contains some really profound stuff. Here is the second verse. Sounds like something Brothers here would say
2) Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he
finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes
troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All."

"the All?"
With a capiral A, no doubt.

Sounds like Jesus has been conversing with bros Info-moetry and Samurai

Right now I am at the point where I am troublrd. Wonder what will cause me to become astonished. Egyptian spaceships maybe? :bomb:

river said:
The Gospel of Thomas did not make it into the Canon of what is called scripture today. It is gnostic and esoteric and contains some really profound stuff. Here is the second verse. Sounds like something Brothers here would say

"the All?"

Right now I am at the point where I am troublrd. Wonder what will cause me to become astonished. Egyptian spaceships maybe? :bomb:

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa, that's deep :cook:

river said:

"the All?"

Sister River I like how you bring things out it makes one ponder...anyway
This is all I know of this Gospel, .... I can't even answer questions but here you go...

The Gospel of Thomas was written around 140 A.D., long after Thomas had died. Who wrote this Gospel of Thomas??Thomas and other gospels such as the Gospel of Philip found at Nag Hammadi (I think thas is spelled right) and given their names some time in the second century.

I was taught this meaning …

It bore some similarities to the New Testament's authentic Gospel of Matthew
When you pray, listen for the answer. You will hear or realize the answer, upon truly listening. You can learn your true path, and begin to take control, over your reality and understanding its true purpose or nature. It facilitates you to follow your planned path of life in a more peaceful and accepting manner.

What we do is pray and ask God for wisdom to lead us to our right path. Until we find that path, we get weary or troubled, but once you find the correct
course of life, you will Be surprised in a relieved sense…and once you arrived at this point, we are one with our Father.

QQn...Info

now i am going back to the poetry forum...:)
Peace
Angel

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back