Black People Politics : GOP Rep. accuses Obama of advancing ‘slavery reparations’

LOL!

Yeah seems I was right about you! :em2300:

I was going to mention a few days ago what you are referencing here but decided against it for the obvious. The group that you mention I believe even obtained UN observer status, or somehow have been recognized by the UN as an indigenous group and have been granted "independent" status.

Thanks for the heads up.

When I wrote earlier concerning the possibility of linking the reparaions and restitution ltitigation I was thinking about the Black Turtle site.

http://www.riseagain.info/blackturtle.html

Linked to this are the cases of Empress Verdiasee but I didnt want to get into the Nuwabbian/York controversy but I was thinking outside of the Louisiana territories and of this case instead and its present disposition of which I am not familiar since I stopped following when folks went further underground.

http://goarchie.com/aashid/miamicircleorder.html

I suspect it would depend.

As corporations based in the U.S. had dealings with corporate/imperial entities overseas, then the World Court could hear such internat'l cases (the Hague).

For example, it took lots of empirical evidence, but the Washeetaw--replace the letters /ee/ with the single letter /i/ --the Washeetaw of Louisiana demonstrated that treaty based claims for restitution could be pursued nearly 200 years after the fact, heard before the World Court *and a favorable judgment won* (internat'l approach pursued by a bunch of Black folks--a family--out of Lousiana).....AND the U.S. sets a recent precedent as it responded to the World Court decision by extending state land as reparations (106 square miles of Lousiana land INCLUDING existing towns). The US gov't essentially broke off from the corporate state of Louisiana and awarded land to Verdiasee Goston El Bey and her descendants. The decision and the transfer of ownership of land happened in the early 1990's.

Interestingly, Ms. Goston El Bey did NOT believe that the 106 sq. miles served as a full, fair and complete reparations proffer to herself and her descendants, but still....she accepted the land proffer from the fed and the state of Louisiana anyhow--and at the very least established *legally at the domestic level* that a grievous wrong had been done to her direct ancestors in a racially discriminatory way.

In general, domestically, a serious, broad based restitution litigation within the U.S. legal system could wind up before the Supreme Court--with the solicitor general of the US *representing the US gov't* either as *lawyer for the* defendant or plaintiff, depending on prior apellate rulings.

One Love, and PEACE
With all due respect anyone can do any thing but, realy and in all honesty, what would we expect?

1 There was no treaty made between us and them as there was between First Americans as a contract .
What is the legal ramifications against enslavement?
We were concidered as property not as humans

1. a; How many First American treaties were brocken and remain brocken to this day?

2 The world Court , and Hague cannot even bring Cheney and Bush to justice for internationla war crimes;
crimes that the surviving Nuremberg judges said were as horrendous as the third reich so do we honstly expect them to provide any real justice to us?

Real justice...

With all due respect anyone can do any thing but, realy and in all honesty, what would we expect?

Offhand, I don't know what we would expect. What should we expect if we don't try?

1 There was no treaty made between us and them as there was between First Americans as a contract .

I might think about this issue differently than you do (based on the above statement from you). OK if the above statement reflects your present viewpoint.

What is the legal ramifications against enslavement?

Q: What were the legal ramifications 'in favor of' enslavement?

We were concidered as property not as humans

Makes me wonder how such a viewpoint from the so appointed property owners developed.

1. a; How many First American treaties were brocken and remain brocken to this day?

I believe that ALL NativeAm treaties with the fed were violated by the fed. ALL.

2 The world Court , and Hague cannot even bring Cheney and Bush to justice for internationla war crimes;
crimes that the surviving Nuremberg judges said were as horrendous as the third reich..."

Cheney and Bush's potential fate via the World Court doesn't matter to me. Instead, given the thread questions that you've asked about potential court venues for a reparations litigation, I thought it OK to mention the World Court. I've always liked the fact that a family from Louisiana not only petitioned the World Court for redress, but they GOT a measure of it! They got a measure of redress.

so do we honstly expect them to provide any real justice to us?

:10500: Yo no se.

One Love, and PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back