Computers - Software Hardware : Google Now: Contextual Information With Good Timing

Gorilla

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 31, 2009

Google Now was one of Jelly Bean's (Android 4.1) selling points that seemed to appeal to me quite a bit. Since my phone is now running Jelly Bean, I've been giving it a try while attending a conference and it's been a great tool.

When I look at the schedule of events, I just populated the ones I was interested in along with my address. Google Now reminded me when I had to leave by to stay on time to the happenings. It also provided me with traffic alerts and public transit schedules when I was standing at a bus stop or train station.

I have yet to use the "universal" search that they're getting sued over or the inside a food/shopping venue features (menu items, map of aisles/inside store gps).

It's really starting to seem like a lot of these projects are in preparation for Google Glass.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back