Science and Technology : Google Maps Swinging By To Take Pics of Your House

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
So last night my daughter was showing me Google Maps (Google StreetView), cause it entertains her mind, and she was like
"Look Mom." And showed me a picture of her dad's house and my parent's house. And it wasn't a satellite picture...no, it was the actual picture like right in front of the driveway. And it got me really disturbed..

I'm not sure if it's against any privacy laws, but it sure doesn't seem cool to take pictures of a person's house w/out their permission.

Anyone else find a picture of their actual house on Google Earth (not by sat)?

You can have your house removed from Google Maps Street View. Here’s how (see video):
  1. Go to maps.google.com.
  2. Locate your house by typing its address into the search box and pressing Enter.
  3. Click the red push-pin marker representing your house on the map.
  4. Click Street View.
  5. Adjust Google Maps Street View by clicking the left and right arrows on the Street View image until you see your house.
  6. Click the Report a Problem link at the bottom-left corner of the Street View image.
  7. Click Privacy Concerns, My House and I Have Found a Picture of My House and Would Like It Removed.
  8. Type your privacy concerns into the Please Describe the Problem box.
  9. Type your email address into the Email Address box.
  10. Type the characters that you see in the picture into the Word Verification box.
  11. Click the Submit button at the bottom of the Web page.
An investigation into Google’s accidental practice of collecting identity information has been opened in France, Germany, Spain, as well as in the U.S. Google claims that it will delete the sensitive information as soon as possible, but in the meantime, victims remain helpless.
http://www.sileo.com/google-street-map-remove-house/

This is rather creepy. I don't remember listing my address when signing up for any websites so how does Google Maps know my location under this name rather than my legal name?

Perhaps they can track info from the phone number I used to verify my Google accounts. Or my wireless account.

The iphone and other mobile devices are GOS locators. See how this works in reverse. You may not be able to locate "them" but they surely can locate you (ironically when I typed in my legal name no address came up). That's weird!

This is rather creepy. I don't remember listing my address when signing up for any websites so how does Google Maps know my location under this name rather than my legal name?

Perhaps they can track info from the phone number I used to verify my Google accounts. Or my wireless account.

The iphone and other mobile devices are GOS locators. See how this works in reverse. You may not be able to locate "them" but they surely can locate you (ironically when I typed in my legal name no address came up). That's weird!

Everybody's address is in it, unless you live in the backwoods of nowhere and there GPS system doesn't track it.

Everybody's address is in it, unless you live in the backwoods of nowhere and there GPS system doesn't track it.
Exactly and even some people in the "backwoods" are in the system. This has been going on for a while now.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back