Computers - Software Hardware : google glasses

it's prolly great tech, such as suggested by bro skuder.

prolly won't watch the video tho, cause by the time they get to talking about it, they come from a place that says "we control the horizontal..." and folks get to thinking along the lines of their "control" rather than what the tech could be used for and say "no way!".

on the other hand, i recall reading some sci-fi (john brunner i think) where-in the citizens had this sort of tech and did use it to "keep an eye" on "undesirable elements" within society ...

it's prolly great tech, such as suggested by bro skuder.

prolly won't watch the video tho, cause by the time they get to talking about it, they come from a place that says "we control the horizontal..." and folks get to thinking along the lines of their "control" rather than what the tech could be used for and say "no way!".

on the other hand, i recall reading some sci-fi (john brunner i think) where-in the citizens had this sort of tech and did use it to "keep an eye" on "undesirable elements" within society ...

anAfrican raises a good point here. There is definitely privacy issue associated with this technology.

more about the glasses:
120405_google_glasses2_660.jpg

Google creates a spectacle with project

excerpt:
"Still, it doesn't take much to imagine the possibilities. What if you could instantly see the Facebook profile of the person sitting next to you on the bus? Read the ingredient list and calorie count of a sandwich by looking at it? Snap a photo with a blink? Look through your wall to find out where electrical leads are, so you know where to drill?

"Not paint your house, because the people who looked at your house could see whatever color they wanted it in?" pondered veteran technology analyst Rob Enderle.

Wearing the glasses could turn the Internet into a tool in the same way that our memory is a tool now, mused science fiction writer and computer scientist Vernor Vinge. His 2007 book, "Rainbow's End," set in the not-so-distant future, has people interacting with the world through their contact lenses, as if they had a smart phone embedded in their eyes.

Unlike Google's glasses, at least in their current state, Vinge's lenses know what you are looking at and can augment your reality based on that. That could come next, though."

even this article, though, seems to be coming from the "technology is so scary" mindset ...

how about:
having the assembly instructions for something in front of your eyes instead of the back and forth of looking from the work to the book;
obviously; directions to someplace while walking there;
exploring other options for a thing while checking it out (house painted in different colors; different wheels for your car/truck;
"baby monitor" anywhere you happen to be;
home surveillance system.

hands free/heads up displays can be useful. it just seems to me that introducing this sort of stuff could do with an honest slant rather than being introduced with all these biases that get folks to thinking about stuff the way that industry/government wants you to think about stuff ...

it looks pretty kewl ... and i'm all for the advancement of science / technology and stuff

but what comes to mind is the energies emitted from it, surrounding one's head / brain

there's talk of cell phones having a negative impact ... what would this do?

i guess we're too invested to stop now ... whoever feels a pinch on their brain first ... holla ... :peeking:

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back