Black People : Goodbye Uncle Tom - the real ugly truth of slavery in Amerikkka

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Brother OldSoul shared these videos with us during class today:

Goodbye Uncle Tom - Part I
    The real ugly truth of slavery in AmeriKKKA. Part 1

[GOOGLE]3617385453924901875[/GOOGLE]

Goodbye Uncle Tom - Part III
    The real ugly truth of slavery in AmeriKKKA

[GOOGLE]1823979170286351093[/GOOGLE]​

Enjoy!

:heart:

Destee

2. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
  3. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    WHATTTTT....1971 :thinking:

was that not before Roots?

amazing the lenghts they will go through to keep Truth hidden..however....IT is the Light and the Light WILL always Shine!

4. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Goodbye Uncle Tom
    http://www.fright.com/edge/goodbyeuncletom.html
    Get ready, because this is quite simply the most hackle-raising, mind-blowing, screamingly offensive exploitation movie of all time!!! GOODBYE UNCLE TOM is an unabashedly incendiary look at race relations in America during the early seventies that’s guaranteed to leave your jaw on the floor.

The Italian filmmaking team of Gualtiero Jacopetti and Franco Prosperi have been called “the most devious and irresponsible filmmakers who have ever lived,” a claim they more than live up to in their many films. Most notable among those films are the MONDO CANE flicks of 1962-64, which kicked off the “Mondo” cycle of exploitation documentaries; AFRICA ADDIO (1966), a hard-hitting look at life in Africa that includes scenes of horrific animal slaughter and people killed onscreen; and MONDO CANDIDO (1975), a phantasmagoric adaptation of Voltaire’s CANDIDE containing nearly every imaginable vice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrV1sfJHLHg

5. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

I SEEN THIS MOVIE LIKE 7 YEARS AGO AND TO ME I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE.

6. hawah25

hawah25 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    ....great that it showed the truth. Wow. What an eye opener. Thanks sister, and brother, for posting this.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    hidden secrecy and the truth behind the lies ....we getting it like real talk.

8. Light

Light Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    Its great that people have seen the film emotionally; but their is another point to this film as well...

Slavery cost to much and no body wanted it after the cotton gin was made...

See the British wanted pillows made of cotton that was seedless and it took to long for the slaves to pick them out until a little known teacher came to the south and created the cotton gin...

This was another important time because the maker of the cotton gin had no patent and never was paid for the cotton gin... so he helped patent lawz become more important... Every one in those dayz were out for anything to survive and the cotton gin was a savior for the south...

But back to the story... With the cotton gin aka (technology) slaves became not as necessary. Slavery "as the movie showed" was cumbersome and continuously not worth the effort.

The Basics

First you had to feed
    De lice
    House
    control
    police
    womens needs
    hire people for run awayz
    hire people to police them
    doctors
    teachers
    clothing
    dental care

That is a lot and if your product is not selling well then what good is it to have them??? Slavery became to expensive to keep, if you want to have something for abuse you still have to feed it. If you want something for sexual whatever; then you have to clean it or you might become ill.

Emotion drawz people like a magnet, I understand this and grew up with it; but there are many other angles to this as well.

Just as i have read that many African cultures believe that the head makes the body; so is it the same in slavery. The psychological markers that can be seen through slavery such as depression that moves through our black communities, as well as anger does not just effect the black community; it affects all communities.

Itz like the old monkey on the island bit... one day a monkey learned how to clean a coconut in the ocean; next all the monkeys learned how to clean the coconuts in the water on the island. But the next situation no one expected... monkeys on other islands that could not have possibly been in contact with the first island of monkeys started doing the same near the same time period.

Humanz affect humanz, whether they can see the humanz or not; emotions move like radio waves.

Africans were a easy product to find but just as a good movie taught me that was German "the gold must be returned and paid for" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H739SpsdW0s
    I know some of you might have haterade for a white film but it is the meaning behind the film that I am trying to get into mind. All people of all races knew something from a long time ago; no matter how a nation or any person tried to change it, there is a payment due...

Watch the movie "no it is not black" but remember to learn from all sources; because all sources know about you!!! If you dont learn about all things you are depriving yourself or your community of evolving...

Remember there are many ways to learn, and we have to learn news ways to learn which is tiresome but the payment is worth the while...

9. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    What Movie?

I came in at the tail end of this thread and, I'm assuming that you mean Uncle Tom's Cabin? I have to go back through this thread and see what you are referring to. At any rate, I haven't seen 'the movie' but I sure do appreciate what you wrote.

I agree. It is so true about the cotton gin replacing the need for the slaves and etc.

I learned that much better when i went to an HBCU. This was the time of the beginning of The INDUSTRIAL AGE. The cotton gin was I suppose the beginning sign that they knew they had to do something with the slaves because they knew they didn't need them to do the job anymore.

When I look back, I see so much obvious things around that time such as the begining time when they began to lay down the railroad tracks...all across the world!

this was why, all of a sudden, they decided to push the straight haired natives off of thier lands in the west. They dubbed it a movement called THE MANIFEST DESTINY and i think over in Africa they called it something like the GREAT EXPANSION.

Then when I think about how the book was written, Uncle Tom's Cabin, it seems to me it was done to help the change that they knew had to come for the Industrialization to take place and be able to compete with Europes factories which i think, may have started earlier. At the same time, this push to free the slave went all over the world, and i learned this too, in college. But when i saw the movie THE KING AND I, it really hit home. I can see the propaganda that went out all over the world about the sad state of the 'Negro slave' in America and how evil the south was and this helped to bring on the Civil War, in my opinion.

In the movie, the King and I, a play was conducted for the visiting British court and it took me years to realize that it was a reenaction of UNCLE TOM'S CABIN. So, this book was actually used as a means to get the message out all over the world about the condition of the slaves over hear in North America. Once I got the gist of the musical, then I was able to watch it and make so many other connections to that time period.

Great post. Thanks.

10. Light

Light Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    In my opinion and once again in my opinion....

The really real about the civil war was this....

The north and south used the slaves as a buffer between them...

Letz lay this out on the table and look at it from intellectual or strategy stand point...

The North did not want slaves to move into their areas because some of the Mandingo tribes were straight up killers look at what happened in Boston in the times after slavery and you will know what I mean...

The south wanted the slaves but there was no money... and British did not come into play for the south... I dont believe they found the profit worth it considering the factories of the north and the ships they were producing...

The north was put into a perplexed situation here ... why??? well because they did not want the slaves but they had to be something done about the south so they rank and filed them into military...

The enemy of my enemy is my friend... is how it is proposed...

Plus the north needed people and motivation ... were would those two things come from....

And who would be better stress makers than black people not in slavery moving into the south... it was a perfect idea for the north.

So to make a nightmare worse send the black militias to the south... and that was what was done.... "paying for the gold" as I said in the previous post.

I call it whatever makes people feel comfortable but... others call it the creator, god "which I hate to tell people is only the word good in German were it came from"; and "Allah" was the word used for god before that. Because other people called their godz by names such as Isis, Ra, or Shiva, Odin ... whatever. I respect all religions and I do not belong to any; I just try to bring that straight bread to the table...
    But anyway paying for things happens, one way or the other... I believe there are higher intelligences; and that it might even be humorous for them to watch follies of humanz. I have paid for some in my past "and they are not ones that you would go to jail for such as speeding tickets or not paying billz or whatever." Usually the things are not know to any one but you; and that is when fun starts.

But any way, the civil war and the situation was not as put together as people thought. A lot of times it was "go with the flow" and see what happens, also their were a lot of crazy people; think about it. Back then cocaine was handed out as medicine, every one thought they were a super hero.
    There were serious problems going on and tv paints a pretty picture but truth was that tv cant paint the true picture of the situation.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. goodbye uncle tom expensive