GoodBye Destee.com

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Nisa, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Sisters and Brothers of Destee.Com

This is my final day of being at destee.com,I'm appalled at something here that has happened recently,and was the icing on the cake of other things that have gone on here. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.
    I will not return,will not support this so called site that is supposed to uplift the family..the black race..I would state the stuff here but I'm not going to.
    It was nice while it lasted. I hope you guys see the truth one day. Peace.
    Samurai,Issael...you can email me. [email protected]. Please Keep in touch with me, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE NISA:

I don't know that you will read this before your departure, but I will post it here anyway, as well as forwarding it to the e-mail address you were so kind to leave me/us.

I am so sorry that the things that you mention here (that I have noticed, along with others as well) have taken place.

But I admire your strength of resolve with regards to the matter. You've done what only a Black woman can:

Your leaving serves as an eye-opener for me, to the degree that I'm forced to evaluate my presence here, and the good it does, in the face of a SAVAGE that is allowed to run rampant.

I only hope that it does the very same for others here.

This is apparently the end of our time together here on DESTEE, but please know that this will not be the end of our acquaintance overall. You will know me, and I will know you for some time to come, Divine Willing.

In the meantime, you know where you can find an on-line home:

http://cradle2dagrave.proboards36.com

PEACE

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Why go through such lengths to post that you are about to leave yet not specify the events that lead you in making that decision?

The only way for Destee.com to improve itself is for members to let the mods know where they felt it has gone wrong.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Wow, Nisa, what happened that would make you so upset??? This makes me somewhat upset, and I don't even know what happened!!! I am not happy with your decision to up and step off, and not tell us what is the matter... We have to place more faith in one another, and be patient with one another when things are said or done that hurt us, but are not life and death... I am just being honest... I do not accept your leaving without explaining what happened, and I say that because you are a GREAT sister, and a GREAT contributor to this board, and will be sorely missed... We cannot allow you to leave without a serious fight to keep you among us, know what I'm saying???
    Now, come on back, and let's please try to work stuff out...

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Speaking on NISA's behalf:

The issues that she speaks of are ones that have been taking place for quite sometime.

One need only browse the forum in the most casual manner, and see the issues that take place. The moderators know about it, because they have addressed in numerous times as well, along with a couple of our Elders here.

It's ironic to me, that this event of our Beloved Sister leaving, was the culmination of the topic of "what is offensive".

I mayhaps address this specifically in the thread in which it began, but it seems to me that people are owed apologies around here, but are yet to receive them.

I am sorry that this wonderful Queen feels ostracized from here (and justifiably so).

PEACE

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother Samurai, no one here is a savage... I defended your right to critque Dr. King... I don't defend no one's right to call family members SAVAGE... That's uncalled for... We get into disagreements with one another, but no one is a SAVAGE up in here...

Peace!
    Isaiah

7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE ISAIAH:

I think the issue of who/what a savage is, needs to come into scrutiny before such a declaration can be made on your part.

Take it as you will, but sans NISA keeping her silence, it is the savage actions and statements of one individual that has brought her to her departure.

People say that they want explanations, yet are not comfortable with what they here.

I'm beginning to see through the irony of why this issue is as of yet unsolved.

8. Kwango_Likemba

Kwango_Likemba Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    Everything can be solved! This place is not perfect, yet it’s one place for Black people to care about one another. I said many things on here Brothers and Sisters can be mad about... I am quite aggressive at times, yet no one reject me. Sister Nisa stay! We need you here... don’t leave.

9. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    From the little bit I know you I dont want you to leave Nisa, youre pretty smart

10. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    The main problem that has arisen, is Destee not being offended by being called a negress. I won't support a site or someone who is not offended by it..if we are supposed to be uplifting our people. I've brought up other issues as far as moderation to her,and it was not addressed.She wants 10 dollars a month,but how can you be a negress and pro black. I won't support it. There is other factors involved,if you keep your eyes open. I'm sickened by it, I've wanted to end my membership before,and I came back...this is enough.
    I can find a site where there intentions match their mindset.