Black Travel : Good travel agency in Africa

Discussion in 'Black Travel' started by julietpriya, Dec 16, 2009.

1. julietpriya

julietpriya New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hai.... i want to go tour to africa and visit the places... But i dont know any travel agencies there... Can any one tell me any good travel agency in africa that can arrange for tours.....

2. 360

360 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +148
    Um, "Hai"

Welcome welcome

Please don't be offended when I say that this is an awfully suspect first post. I mean, again no offense, but it smells like a set up for someone else to come along and promote something, but let's put that to the side shall we...

There's a LOT to absorb and experience. An agency is not in the business of arranging that. Skip the agency and ask around. There's no way you don't know a bunch of people who will tell you everything you need to know to make the most out of your time there. And also do the locals a favor and don't treat their villages and cities like Cancun. No offense, I'm just saying...

3. Cthismetalheart

Cthismetalheart Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    Well, 360. I can definately see where you are coming from.

Juiletpriya, Welcome. I have looked into this before. I want to visit many areas in Western Africa. I was told ot check around with people. Asking people in my universiy and such was beneficial, but nothing really for what I was looking for. The people had some sort of connection there via family or research. I looked at various fights and such online, but couldn't find a hotl or anything that would fit. I don't want to have a "Cancun" feeling. I want to live as I would anywhere else, without a tourist or party feeling. (No need for me to look all rich, high, and mighty.... Along with all of the other moral, economical, etc problems that goes with tourist spots) Anyways, I looked at the STA travel agency for ideas, they didn't really have anything in Western Africa but TONS of spots in East Africa... very safari-ish.... I expressed my disliking for all of that and they set me up with a travel agency that had many more opportunities in West Africa. It was a guided tour, but giving a lot of freedom. The company is Dragoman.

I would suggest looking this over if you can't find anyone or anything else that worrks... Maybe this will. I'm going to keep asking around, because this is something that will happen for me in the near future, and if nothing else comes along, I will most likely use this company as a step to learn about the areas that I want to go.

Hope that helps a little.

4. aravindhram

aravindhram New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hai... I know one best travel agency in africa which can arrange tours to tanzania..... The company is impact african safaris tourism.... You can contact them at their site....

5. 360

360 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +148
    LOL

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I recommend this one:

http://www.tourgh.com/

I used this Agency and its guide, John "Sly" Hutchison, during my trip to Ghana. The guide also tours Togo and Benin.

7. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
  8. galan05

galan05 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Bound for West Africa

I'm leaving for Senegal and the Gambia a week from now. Will see what i can find out about travel agencies or services in those countries while I am there.

.g