Black People : Good Luck, Fam

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by anAfrican, Aug 23, 2005.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    I am so Blessed to have found this space. But, I guess this wonder is just as full of people as every place else I've come to stay away from. I'll prolly surf in, once in a while; shoot, I'll have to fight really hard not to want to come back every day! And I'm really gonna miss the chat space, but windows gets wiped.

To those that choose to step off the "conventional path", in whatever endeavor, I so look forward to the wonders that the new knowledge brings you! Bless you for taking a risky step; it's a hard path, but well worth it.

For those that are just content to maintain the status quo ... I wish it were otherwise, because the status quo is WRONG in every way! But, you won't hear that, and you won't appreciate my saying it.

I wish I could just leave, but Destee, and Destee.Com, have grown into my heart. It would be easier on me to just not see the places where I could offer something, only to have it shot down. Heck, I wouldn't even mind getting "shot down" if there were any grace in the shooting!

I love you. And I will be with you in Spirit. I hope you can feel that energy as I will continue to feel your's.

2. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I don't think you should leave anAfrican. I've gotten a few bullets too, and I was suprised that I actually felt it, being that I don't know anyone personally. But, in this short time, I too came to care about this forum. Don't let anyone take away what you enjoy. I'm am stilll learning not to take things personal and I hope you'll come back. :grouphug:

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Brother anAfrican:

If you are going to leave because someone disagrees with you, there will be no place you can ever call home. This is especially true if you present messages that go against the norm. Challenges are part of teaching, instead of getting frustrated, defend what you believe in! I have been challenged on my views too many times to count; however, I never once considered leaving. I love my people too much to do that....I believe in myself too much to do that. One voice does not represent the spirit of Destee.com, unless that voice is coming from Destee herself (she might even argue that the community has grown beyond just her). Brother have confidence in yourself & your message, and continue to present it! The choice is yours, I will see you whenever you decide to come around.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother anAfrican ... c'mon now ... don't act like this.

You know i love you, and appreciate you, and don't wanna be without you!

Didn't i tell you that you're stuck with me? You thought i was kidd'n ???

Brother anAfrican ... fa real doe ... one of the greatest challenges i've faced here, is trying to maintain our peace with so many different individuals, lifestyles, religions, politics, thoughts, dreams, hopes, etc., all living in the same house. Trust me Brother, it aint easy. Add to that, the many that take issue with the way we do things here, wanting to critique every move we make, and then tell us how we're doing it all wrong. Can you imagine the number of opinions i've received? Some were shared in a loving Spirit, and many have come in a very hostile Spirit. What if i let those hostile comments keep me from doing what i felt needed to be done here? We probably would have never met, not only you and i, but many of us here. I will not let anyone run me away from my own stuff, and you should not either! This community is yours, ours, all of us'ssss !!!!

Brother anAfrican ... if someone came to me and said ... "I don't like the way you do things, because of blah blah blah." Would you suggest that i simply close down shop and leave, because they thought and said that?

Talk to me Brother anAfrican ... what would you suggest i do in such a situation?

:heart:

Destee

5. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Brother anAfrican,

I really hope you won't leave the family. I truly enjoy and look forward to chatting with you all the time. I look forward to the wisdom & knowledge you share...and if you leave... how will you know when I've taken you out of my book (smile).

Please brother your presence and wisdom is much need, don't leave...not on these terms.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    see, once a month panafrica his the target :darts:

7. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    Much Love from This Family!

Oh, I do so appreciate the Love in this House! I guess I just gotta remember that's it is there when it is not being stated. hmmm .. Sort of like I've had to try to repeat over and over and over to girlfriends in the past when they complained that I didn't say it often enough ....

<sigh>Guess I just gotta keep remembering dstny's latest addition to the joke forum. And also, that there are always gonna be ... er ... "those types of people". The hour or two that I've spent this morning responding directly to that post almost helped, but I still want to see that avatar (does he have one?) through those clear, still waters! I trust my peace will return ... no, I know my Peace will return because that's the way God Planned it!

Thank You for the Love, Family!
    And Always, MUCH Love to You!

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    why don't you quit with the drama and do something useful like figuring why the site crashes half the time when we try to post.
    man up, bro!

9. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    sorry, can't help you with that one. maybe you should ask a windows expert? i don't have any problems posting! i can even post with a text only browser.

besides, unplugging a computer, moving it to a new building and plugging it back in shouldn't have caused a change in how things work. maybe you've picked up something on your puter? maybe run a fresh malware scan? (ad-aware, spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster and your favorite virus cleaner.) maybe your puter could do with some defragging?

i won't say what i want to say, james. have a good day ...

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    this is not a personal problem.
    every one here is having a problem posting.
    the server was moved from one place to another or the site was moved to a different server in a new location.
    the site is having problems.

i ask do you want to help the site or deal with your own ego?
    your call.