Black Jokes Humor : Good Joke Tellers

Daville

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 3, 2008
Does anyone here know any good joke tellers? Some people just have that natural flow and that timing and that attitude to tell a joke. It doesnt even matter if the joke is funny or not. I might start laughing before the punch line, just by the way it was told.

I, on the otherhand, am a horrible joke teller. I have no timing, no flow and no confidence that my joke will be a success. Even if the joke is tried and true, I will find a way to mess up the punchline or tell it in the wrong order. What an embarrassment.

:haha:

Being a good joke teller is a quality I admire.

regards
Billy

Daville said:
Does anyone here know any good joke tellers? Some people just have that natural flow and that timing and that attitude to tell a joke. It doesnt even matter if the joke is funny or not. I might start laughing before the punch line, just by the way it was told.

I, on the otherhand, am a horrible joke teller. I have no timing, no flow and no confidence that my joke will be a success. Even if the joke is tried and true, I will find a way to mess up the punchline or tell it in the wrong order. What an embarrassment.

:haha:

Being a good joke teller is a quality I admire.

regards
Billy

Hi, Dan

I am assuming that you posted this thread because you are assuming that black people tell good jokes? You may be posting this because you feel that there are a lot of good comedians who are black? I'm not to sure why this is a thread, however, if you look at some of the threads in the open forum, you will see what people are responding to.

This is another stereotype for black people unfortunately. It is true that we as black people have a sense of humor, however it is because of things like racism and poverty. These issues are not viewed by the black community as a light issue. However, they are reality in America and to keep ourselves in good spirits, they are a way of helping us get through the present and move on towards the future.

One thing I can say for you however, is that if black comedians are joking about these things, that can also give you some feedback as to where we are as blacks and some of the issues we deal with.

Another good question to ask yourself is what are these comedians joking about? When you look at the issues themselves, they are no joking matter. It can be called, reading in between the lines.

Anyways, this was subtle. I'm sure you may know friends that could give you some advice on some good jokes, however no one in this forum is joking around.

Much Love,
Desert Storm

Desert Storm said:
Hi, Dan

I am assuming that you posted this thread because you are assuming that black people tell good jokes? You may be posting this because you feel that there are a lot of good comedians who are black? I'm not to sure why this is a thread, however, if you look at some of the threads in the open forum, you will see what people are responding to.

This is another stereotype for black people unfortunately. It is true that we as black people have a sense of humor, however it is because of things like racism and poverty. These issues are not viewed by the black community as a light issue. However, they are reality in America and to keep ourselves in good spirits, they are a way of helping us get through the present and move on towards the future.

One thing I can say for you however, is that if black comedians are joking about these things, that can also give you some feedback as to where we are as blacks and some of the issues we deal with.

Another good question to ask yourself is what are these comedians joking about? When you look at the issues themselves, they are no joking matter. It can be called, reading in between the lines.

Anyways, this was subtle. I'm sure you may know friends that could give you some advice on some good jokes, however no one in this forum is joking around.

Much Love,
Desert Storm

Desert Storm

Thank you for your response. I posted this thread to make an attempt to be friendly. Maybe I should have explained that. I apologize. A man I work with tells jokes alot. He is good at this and most people love to listen to him tell punch line jokes as well as funny stories. I feel I am not good at this, I wish I was better.

respectfully
Billy

Daville said:
Desert Storm

Thank you for your response. I posted this thread to make an attempt to be friendly. Maybe I should have explained that. I apologize. A man I work with tells jokes alot. He is good at this and most people love to listen to him tell punch line jokes as well as funny stories. I feel I am not good at this, I wish I was better.

respectfully
Billy

Would you have posted this thread if you were in a latino forum or a forum of people who weren't black? I'm just curious.

I guess for me, something that I am struggling to understand is why are you trying to bond with people on the internet whom you have never met? How come you are not involved and interested in your community and asking these questions to real people in your life?

I posted this response in the last forum entitled, NEW MEMBER, that you started. These kind of questions are ignorant to ask in this forum, knowing the stereotypes that are associated with black people. For me, as a black person, I was offended to see this thread in the discussion forum. It's like asking, where's the nearest liquor store?, or does anyone know of any good clubs?

To ask this question is to assume, that everyone here knows the answer to your question. And why would you assume that we would know the answer to your question?

Like I said before in the last forum, entitled NEW MEMBER, look around this forum and see what kind of posts and threads are being started in here. I can't remember anyone in here posting a forum about jokes. The fact that you posted a forum about being a new member that is white already makes people feel uncomfortable. I don't even know why you would ask a question like that.

Much Love,
Desert Storm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back