Black Relationships : Good Black Men Do Exist

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by oceolo, May 5, 2005.

1. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Why do black woman say their are no good black men left?

Black women do out number black men overall but men slightly out number women under the age of 64 due to a higher rate of male births and females only out number males by a wide margin from the age of 65 and above because they usually have a longer life span. Even when you account for men in prison and those that are gay it still pretty much evens out to an even number of males and females because their are black women who are gay and black women make up the majority of female imates and the numbers are increasing .

I think a lot of black women believe their are so few black men because of the false info they find in the media and their own worse fears.

2. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    I recon they say this because they are tired of so many black men expecting them to lead, fight, make all the decisions, and make money ON TOP of having and raising thier children.

I can direct you to a couple of threads that would provide excellent examples of why so many of our women are fed up with American black men and think so many of us are triffling and shiftless.

Most women won't tell a man how he should behave because she figures he should already know and doesn't want to insult him. Many of our sistaz want strong powerful domineering men who can take charge and lead....but are too shy to admit this for fear of being criticized by others in the community.

So many black men become confused at what sistaz really want from them.

A few vicious vipers take advantage of this confusion and vacuum of authority by inserting their own agendas and concepts of how black men should behave and this only leads to more misunderstanding and failed relationships.

Until black men and women IN AMERICA (because blacks elsewhere don't have this problem) learn their proper roles, they will remain in a state of perpetual confusion and despair when it comes to relating to eachother.

3. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15

I think SOME women say this because they are looking for SINGLE men their age and the older you get the less likely you are to find older men who are single. Common sense would tell us there are a lot left...but I do think that would depend on where you live.

Personally I have never felt as thought there aren't any good men left...I know quite a few of them! :number1:

4. Degree5th

Degree5th New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Good Black Men

I think some black women over look whats right in their faces instead of always looking outward or for things they can't even give or offer a man themself. If people simply take the time to get to know each without looking only at what you look like, what you have or have not and seek for whats inside... then maybe some will open their eyes and find there's plenty of good black men. :flowers:

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Not only do good black men exist, they exist in significant numbers!

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I totally agree there are lots of good black men
    many women just pass them by due to what kind of job they have
    and their income these good men get looked over often ...............

7. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    What's the definition of a "good man"?

Clearly there are some men in America who our sistaz consider good and positive but wouldn't get the time of day from our sistaz in Canada because of their mentality and behavior.

And I know black men from Senegal who from what I've observed are pretty popular with Senegalese women but can't even get a date here in America.

Is "good" the same as being attractive....what is good?

Who decideds whether or not a man is good and worthy?

8. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    We can view statistics all day…but in real time, there is a lot of mismatching and male to female imbalance in the average social setting (including the progressive and the cultural). It doesn’t matter if it is the last cultural function you went to, the church, book signings or any other formal or informal occasion…you can choose to look at this calculatingly or randomly…Black women are finding themselves sometimes heavily outnumbering Black men, when they are in the public and sometimes private social arena and then they find a lot of these brothers are with a sister already or married.

Most Black men see this imbalance in numbers also, even though statistics may say it doesn’t exist, in a real body count. Its not only good and/or righteous Brothers, but just Black men numbers in general (visual observation). We can argue statistics all day, but there is definitely a real time social phenomenon going on…that is easy to observe.

9. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I think the definition of a good man..depends on the woman..every woman has different definitions of what a good man is.

10. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    amen :flowers: :spin:

yes there are....
    and its what you believe...

i mean youre blessed when one is comming youre way and there is a match
    the click the melt... :love: "'the one "" the one you become one with or are one with...

but i heard they do excist..

and its up to the woman to start beliving in that....

in God

right now i dont...

i,m sorry ..but i will hopefully one day :weights:

but Point treu they do excist :flowers:

cause god excist.

Lovelibertylady:heart: